[ "The driver looked like Ryan Gosling" ] Negan

Requested by HiddlestonMiller

She didn't understand why it was always her. The guys in her group never wanted to go out on the runs and they wouldn't let their girlfriends go. Which, only left y/n who was single and the group she was with didn't seem to care about her enough to go on the run with her. They used the excuse that she was a professional at it. To which she replied, "you would be too if you actually left your tents." Practise really does make perfect. 

"Fuck sake!" she cursed as she drove, she continued to think of her group sitting doing next to nothing, she was now winding herself up. "this is why you need a partner on runs, so you don't drive yourself fucking mad!" She carried on shouting. She had always had bad road rage, even before the end of the world. She looked in her mirrors... and her imagination went away with her...

The trees were swaying in the wind, the grass at the sides of the road was freshly cut and green. The roads had fresh tarmac on them, which made it smooth to drive on, although dangerous in wet weather, but she didn't worry about that because the sun was shining. It was one of the warmest summers they had had, the traffic didn't bother her. She had just finished work and she had even finished early. The traffic had stopped moving but she had taken the opportunity to turn up the radio and open the windows. There was a light breeze which many drivers needed in this weather. At a distance, she heard a few people complaining. Complaining about the things she would later take for granted- she didn't want to think about that- the traffic, the time, the weather. Which people would always take for granted, no matter what the weather did people will always complain. She would then wonder if people in the stone age were complaining about the weather, she would then nearly have a conversation with herself. After a few more minutes passed, she would take out an assignment she had for work, this would be when the traffic would begin to move and she would have some asshole overtake her instead of honking. 

She would huff, as the driver went by- who looked slightly like Ryan Gosling (she wondered if he was still alive in this world)- shaking his head, she would then shout, to the driver's surprise, "fuck you!" Then watch as he drove off, "what was hi...

She would huff, as the driver went by- who looked slightly like Ryan Gosling (she wondered if he was still alive in this world)- shaking his head, she would then shout, to the driver's surprise, "fuck you!" Then watch as he drove off, "what was his problem?" she would ask aloud to herself, then as the drivers honked behind, she would say, "yeah now I should go." 

Her fantasy was cut to an abrupt stop when she realised that the car was no longer running and she was coming to a slow stop. "Why." It was a question, it was a statement. She threw her hands up and left them in the air until the car stopped completely. She then took it out on the steering wheel before getting out. With no coincidence at all, she had stopped in the middle of the town she was supposed to be looking for supplies in. That was an advantage, but she was stuck out here. She huffed and picked up the walkie-talkie, there was an identical one back at her camp. She rolled her eyes, "scavenger to camp," she didn't stop for a reply, she hated they called her a scavenger, "I've run out of gas at the town, I'm going to see if I can get some before looking for supplies, don't want to be stranded out here, over." She waited a moment, there was no reply, she didn't think anything of it and threw the walkie-talkie back in the car. She walked around to the boot to get out a container and a plastic pip. Each car they had at camp had these in the back, it was so they could get some petrol out of the other cars. y/n had been the one to do it every time, the others were afraid of swallowing some. She always said she wasn't that lucky. 

She tried at least ten cars before hitting the jackpot. She spat a bit into the container and allowed it to flow through the tube. Again, she went into her own world, when she began daydreaming she never paid attention to her surroundings. She knew it was stupid but when she was tired she couldn't stop herself. "Hello, pretty lady." y/n jumped and turned, dropping the plastic pipe. She reached for her gun but it wasn't there. She had left it in the car. The men grinned as they realised she was unarmed, there were plenty of them to do damage even if she was armed. She backed up until her back was pressed against the car. 

She noticed a walkie-talkie and a backpack, she knew that backpack. "Where did you get that?" she asked, finding her confidence as she knew the answer. She pointed at the backpack. 

"You like it? I thought it was cute," the man said, he was clearly their leader. He was the one with the mouth. "A camp a few miles back, we heard a pretty ladies voice on the other end-" the man cut himself off as y/n's face dropped, "now I am pleased to see that it was you." He grinned. 

She acted fast, but not fast enough, she picked the container with petrol in and threw it at them, she then made a run for it. But, there were too many of them. She screamed as she was thrown to the floor. She kicked and screamed as the men tried to pull off bits of clothing. 

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! The shots were fast and y/n was still fighting off some of the men. Someone had pulled them off her. She stood up, ready to run again. She was surrounded by more men. "Hey, hey. It's alright, we ain't gonna hurt you, little lady. I promise," he was covered in their blood, holding a baseball bat, wearing a leather jacket and jeans. He was holding his hand out and bending slightly as if trying to lure in a lost dear. "Get her some clothes would you?" he ordered his men. "I won't touch you if you don't want me to," he said, still in the same stance. y/n realised she was down to her underwear and began feeling self-conscious. She wrapped her arms around herself slowly and hunched over slightly, the man had changed his stance and stood up straighter. He took off his leather jacket, under it he wore a white tshirt. He edged slowly to y/n, she flinched when he draped the leather jacket over her shoulders. She wanted to say thank you but she was frozen. Eventually, she moved to put her arms in the sleeves, she then zipped it up. 

The men came could find anything, y/n managed to squeeze out, "It's fine," then she realised, "I- I have nowhere else to go," she shrugged. Then she cried. 

The man put her in the car he was travelling in, she needed water and to sit down to calm down. "I'm Negan by the way," he began as she took sips of water, she couldn't drink any fast otherwise she might throw up, "I have a safe place, you can come back with us. If you want," he added.

She took a bigger drink, she thought she needed something stronger than water. She sighed, "those men, they tried to rape me, before that they had killed the people I was with, heard my broadcast on the walkie-talkie and somehow found me...." she trailed off, she didn't have a point to this. She was just listing what had happened in the past hour, "not to mention my car ran out of gas up there," she nodded up the road. Negan ordered his men to fetch what belongings she had in there. "I don't know why the did that, what did my group do to them? They were too scared to even come and search for supplies for christ sake!" y/n had become angry but Negan allowed her to rant. He began driving her back to the Sanctuary. 

y/n had been there long enough now, she didn't need to work and she was slowly recovering from her loss and attack. All with the help of Negan. She was someone he would talk to about plans of Sanctuary and everything that came in and out. She was almost second command. Not that Negan would ever admit it. His men had seen a change in him after that day, he became soft around her. He didn't let her out of Sanctuary alone, not that she wanted to go out alone, and he would either go or some of his most trusted men, which she would pick herself. She was a queen in his castle. 

Tonight they had driven out to look at the stars, it was Negan's way of spoiling her. He had his men follow close behind and set up posts around the area they had stopped. This was so they could either kill walkers or warn Negan of someone approaching. y/n was explaining her fantasy she had while driving, it never changed. "The driver looked like Ryan Gosling," y/n laughed as she was curled up in Negan's lap.

"Really? Ryan Gosling? Thought you'd be more Reynolds kinda gal," Negan joked. 

"Both, both are good."

Thanks for reading! Are you more Gosling or Reynolds? I'm more Gosling right now, he and Emma Stone are perfect.

ps.gif isn't mine