Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Hoseok

Jungkook's first night at the BTS mansion was a lot less worse than Jungkook had expected. The room was actually very cosy and the gang members had actually remembered to put something in the room so he wouldn't be bored. Jungkook hadn't been able to sleep however, his conversation with Jimin kept replaying in his head. The rules had been clear, simple and easy to both remember and follow, the warning however was a bit weirder. Jungkook just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he was living in the same house with a super dangerous person. He also didn't understand why the others didn't seem bothered by that fact. How do they live with a guy that can kill them at any moment. Jungkook had seen the scars on Jimin's back, why would he still want to live with someone like that, it just doesn't make sense. Jungkook had also been thinking about what happened at the mansion, he only now realised that if that V person hadn't intervened he would probably be dead by now. 

It had been J-Hope, or Hoseok as Jungkook had learned by now, who brought him food. Jungkook liked Hoseok a lot, he was nice and bright. Hoseok had also explained a little bit more about the house and who lived there. The only mystery was Suga. Hoseok had told that even they knew very little about him, but that he was a good friend non the less. Jungkook couldn't see how someone like that could be a good friend, but he didn't say anything about that to Hoseok. Jungkook had also asked Hoseok how the others where named but Hoseok had refused to answer. They will tell you when they are ready for it he had said. 

Right now Jungkook was sitting in the bed because he had just woken up. The clock on the wall said that it was 9am. "Jungkook-ah, are you awake?" He heard someone saying from the door. "I just woke up." He answered. "Good!" Hoseok said while walking in with a smile. He was carying 2 plates with breakfast, one for himself and one for the younger. "Here you go! I thought you would like some company so I decided to eat with you." "Thank you Hoseok-hyung!" Jungkook said while starting to eat. Hoseok was looking at the younger and smiled, he was happy that Jungkook was abvious feeling better and more relaxed then before. "Hoseok-hyung? Can I ask you a question?" "Yes you can but I can't promis you that I'll answer the question." Jungkook thought about that a little before he just asked his question. "Why are you in a gang? You don't seem like the person for it." To Jungkook's surprise Hoseok started to laugh very loud. "I do seem kinda out of place, don't I?" Hoseok said while laughing. "Mhm, then why are you here. Did you come here like me?" "No." Hoseok said, now serious again, "Nobody came here like you. You got to realise that non of us had proper lives before." Jungkook looked at Hoseok in surprise, he had totally forgotten that these people were nothing like him, and that their backgrounds are a lot different. "D-do you want to tell me about it?" Jungkook asked carefully. Hoseok looked at Jungkook and nodded. The kid is going to join us anyway, so it's better for him to know soon what kind of people we are. He thought. 

"My youth wasn't like yours, it's more like the oppostite of yours." Hoseok started and Jungkook nodded. "I have no clue who my father is or what kind of man he is. I only know that my mother died when she gave birth to me, meaning I've been an orphan my whole life. Life as an orphan isn't easy but I had it relatively good. Because I was a baby I lived my first few years in the same home, when I was 4 when my foster home couldn't keep me anyone more and I went to an orphan house. I lived in the orphan house for 12 years." Hoseok said, looking sad because of the memories. Jungkook didn't know what to do so he was just sitting there, listening in disbelieve. "The orphan house, most people call it a orphan home but I never saw it as home, but the orphan house wasn't that bad, for the first couple of years." "The first couple of years..." Jungkook wishpered after Hoseok. Hoseok didn't hear him and just continued. "After 6 years someone joined the orphan home, and lets just say that he didn't like me. Another year later and the whole orphan house was against me, I wasn't save anywhere. Even the younger kids I used to be a hyung, big brother, hated me after he came." "Why didn't anyone adopt you?" Jungkook asked with tears in his eyes, "Or why didn't you run away?" "I was too old to be adopted and I did run away. When I turned 16 I had enough of everything and I didn't want to live in the orphan house anymore. I run away but the streets aren't fun, they are dangerous. RM saved me one night from a rapist and I decided to stay with him. I had learned myself how to hack because we had too much free time in the orphan house and I used that skill to help RM out. This gang is the first place where I feel like I'm home, that's why I won't ever leave, even if I'm not a gang type." Hoseok was looking a lot happier again thinking. "I-I'm sorry." Jungkook said, not knowing what to say otherwise. "Don't be, I'm happy now and my story is nothing, most of the boys here have had it way worse." "W-what happened to them then?" "I'll get them to tell you themselves." "Okay" Jungkook said, understanding that Hoseok couldn't just tell others people stories. "Anyway, finish your breakfast! I gotta go up again, have to help Jin with something. I'll see if I come back after, I like talking to you." "Thank you Hoseok, I like talking to you to, you are... normal... in a way." Hoseok started to laugh, "Yup, I'm probably the most normal guy walking around here!" Hoseok said while walking out of the room. 

Jungkook was back alone in his room or prison cell, no, it was a locked room, definitely didn't feel like a prison. He looked around the room and picked out one of the books from the bookshelf. "Better make yourself at home Kookie, you'll be here for a while." He muttered to himself while making himself comfortable with the book. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Or maybe a YoonKook ship??