The dress, the ball, the walk

A few days past with no real importance of event enough to be worth mentioning. Some homework's were about to be turned in, Marilla tried some new things in the kitchen and Jerry tried to flirt with Diana every chance he got. Nothing unusual. So now it was Saturday and then finally it was time for the so called yearly ball. All week Anne had mentally prepared herself. She had cried a little, just in case someone was mean to her then she would have already done that crying part at home and could act as if she was not caring about something someone said.

But something didn't feel right. Everything was not in place. She still missed a dress. And in the morning of the ball day Anne's prayers had been answered because when she woke up, a large package, very much like the one she got her first beautiful dress in, laid beside her.  Anne was so excited that a little scream of joy escaped her mouth before she could silence it. Quickly she jumped off the sheets and basically snatched the package open. Inside laid a beautiful dark green dress. It looked almost made out of some goddess dress from up heaven. The only bad thing about it was that it contained no puff sleeves like Anne had hoped but she could honestly admit that puff sleeves might even have made this gorgeous dress a little less dreamy. So beautiful!

She rushed down to Marilla and Matthew and jumped with it in her arms.

"Oh it's so gorgeous! I could have never wished for anything better! I am so overwhelmed and eager that I think my heart will explode into a thousand peaces. If that happens will you please pick up all the peaces and put them together with glue? I wouldn't want to miss my opportunity to wear it just because my heart would explode just looking at it now, would I?"

She giggled and danced with it and jumped around so light on the feet's that nobody would hear her if it wasn't for that mouth of hers. Marilla looked pleased and gave Anne a reassuring smile while sipping on her cup of tea next to Matthew who was smiling widely and watching Anne spinning around in delight. He was so pleased with her happiness that nothing could seem to ever break his own.

"I know you adore puff sleeves, unfortunately my search for it have been long and without any success. Hopefully this dress will due"

Matthew said with a little more disappointed tone but Anne never stopped giggle.

"Don't be hasty Matthew! This dress is far beyond pretty and I would trade my own soul and more just to insure that I got the opportunity to wear it one night of my life!"

Anne spoke with so big words.

"Do you fancy the color? Green is not everybody's cup of tea"

Marilla said with a more contained happiness. But deep down also she was very happy that Anne was. Her happiness had grown to become a part of her own.

"My adoration for this dress is more than I explain into words! Everything about it is beautiful, from the color, to the material and to the length of it"

Anne explained with a dreamy expression.

"Wait! I haven't even tried it on yet!"

She bursted out and quickly ran up her room to dress herself just to walk down a few minutes later with the green dress on.

"Isn't it lovely? I think this is the prettiest dress I have ever seen! And with that I include all of the dresses I've seem both Ruby and Diana wear. Well, their dresses are so pretty to so maybe it's wrong of me to compare them so each other but I think you get the point"

Anne cried while spinning around some more just to watch the dress move. Another scream of joy escaped her lips. Matthew laughed with a satisfied expression.

"At least she liked it"

Matthew said and looked to Marilla who now also smiled at Anne's happiness.