The start of school

It was time to start school again. That left some excited like Anne and others nervous like Jerry. This happened to be his first day of school ever. Every day after school Anne used to go right to Jerry and have her own lesson with him. Ever since she taught him to read and write his academic development has taken a strong upward curve. Anne has taken on herself to teach him everything she knows and it has now come to a turn of which all she teaches him is what she gets taught at school. She has been nothing but patient and understanding. The fact that he was starting school came as a huge surprise for Jerry because he didn't believe it was even possible. Sweet Anne had been nagging Marilla and Matthew to the point where the school was to be attended, for both parties. Long night Anne had cried at their feet explaining how much it would mean to her and to Jerry.
______________________________

"It would be like taking in another child!"

Marilla had said being her stubborn and realistic self. Matthew, however, had a more reachable heart in such situations.

"Marilla, it's not like that. I believe Jerry would do an even better job with some knowledge about the world. I strongly believe it will do him good"

Matthew said softly not wanting to cause Marilla to burst out in anger as she sometimes could. It's not that she wanted to be mean and unfair to poor Jerry but it was the most reasonable thing to do. If it was Anne who said this to her then she surely wouldn't listen but since it was her own brother, who opinions mattered extremely to her, she chose to listen this one time.

To that Marilla sighted in defeat. She knew that she would never have a second of peace for the rest of her life he she refused.

"I suppose we could figure something out"

Anne jumped and ran to Marilla to hug her tightly with a big smile on her small lips.

"I thank you with everything I own and stand for!"

Anne spoke so excitedly and pleased. Matthew stood beside and smiled at him as well. Anne let go of Marilla and ran to Matthew to give him a hug as well.

"But Jerry will not be excused from his duties! He will still work hard. Balancing school and his job will surely tear on him!"

Marilla warned as severe as always with a finger up in the air. Anne looked up and nodded in understanding but still with her glamorous smile.

"Of course, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank.."

But then she interrupted herself to start a new sentence.

"I have to tell him the good news!"

Anne run off and headed to the barn where Jerry currently was.

"Isn't that girl so outstanding?"

Matthew said with an impressed smile to Marilla who chuckled, but with a small smile she as well.

"She's something alright"

Marilla said and walked out of the room. Matthew was left there standing looking out of the window only to find Anne enthusiastically speaking to Jerry and almost jumping off the ground of excitement as she told him the news. He could see how she hugged him and how happy Jerry was. It seemed like nothing could destroy this happy moment.

________________________

The day of Jerry's first in school began with a normal breakfast by the table, followed by Anne walking out to Jerry to walk him to school. He didn't speak much, which was a sign of his nervousness. Anne could understand how he felt, she had once been new and being an orphan didn't exactly help. Jerry surely was occupied by thoughts whether or not he was going to be liked and weather or not he was academically speaking going to be good enough.