seventeen

Mitch was taking me out on a date tonight. It had been a week since Landon left. Caleb and I have been a little down since.

Mitch wants to cheer me up so he decided a night out would be nice for the both of us. I headed to my closet and picked out a black off the shoulder dress. (pictured above)

I did my makeup and curled my hair. Mitch texted me that he was outside so I grabbed my purse and keys. I locked he door behind me and headed down to Mitch.

When I got outside he was leaning against the car with his hands in his pockets. I smiled at him. "Hello beautiful" He greeted me. "Hello handsome" I pecked him on the cheek. He opened the door for me and I slid in. Then he went around to the drivers side and got in.

We drove off the the restaurant. Mitch had one hand on the wheel and the was holding mine.

We got to the restaurant and we seated. "Thank you for taking me out tonight" I told him. "It's not a problem. I'm happy to spend time with you" He smiled.

We spent the rest of dinner talking and laughing. Mitch invited me to stay the night at his place and I said yes. We drove back to my apartment and I rushed upstairs to gather some clothes.

I walked in the apartment and went to my room. I grabbed a backpack I had and stuffed some clothes in there then I went into the bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush and hairbrush. I zipped my bag up and left my room. As I was headed for the door a voice stopped me.

"Where are you going?" Caleb asked. I turned to face him. "I'm staying He night at Mitch's" I told him. "Oh alright. See you tomorrow" He looked at the ground. I walked over to him and hugged him. "I know we've both been distant for the last week and I'm sorry" I said.

"It's okay. I just miss him. It had been so long since I'd seen him and now he's gone again" He said. "I'll find a way to bring him back permanently. I promise" I said. He nodded.

"See you tomorrow" I said and closed the door.

We got to Mitch's house and it was around 9pm. I dropped my stuff off in his room. "Hey do you want to watch a movie?" Mitch asked. "Sure" I replied. "Do you wanna watch it in the living room or in my room?" He asked. "Your room is fine. I tend to fall asleep easily when watching a movie"

We walked to his room and he got a movie set up on the tv. Before we started the movie I headed into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Then I changed into shorts and t-shirt. When I was done Mitch had his turn to brush his teeth and change.

Then we laid in the bed and cuddled together. Mitch started the movie. I don't know how far we were into the movie but I found myself drifting off to sleep.

I woke up and felt arms around my waist. I smiled to myself and turned to face Mitch. He shifted in his sleep and opened his eyes. "Good morning" He smiled. "Morning"

"What time is it?" I asked. "Uh it's 9:30" He told me. I shot up and went to grab my bag.  "Why are you in such a hurry?" He laughed. "I forgot that I have to go out with Caleb and I have to go see if there is a chance I could adopt Landon" I told him. He nodded his head and I stepped in the bathroom to change and brush my teeth.

When I was finished I slipped on my shoes and put my backpack on. Mitch got out of bed and he grabbed my hand. He led me out of the room and to the front door.

Auston was in the kitchen and he noticed us. "Oh hey April I didn't realized you were here" He said. "Yeah sorry I didn't say hi when we got here last night I didn't see you" I said. "It's not a problem. I'll see you later" He said. "Yeah bye Auston" He walked back to his room.

"Thanks for staying the night" Mitch said. "Thanks for having me" I said. I kissed him and headed out the door.

i start school on the 22nd so i won't be updating that much since i need to focus on my schoolwork. i will try to write when i have free time and i'll update as much as i can.