A friend in need is a friend in deed!

The Chinese date with her friends was postponed as Shona had some urgent work to look into. 

Kiara, however, grew more suspicious as Shona never said no to Chinese. But, she let it go as her little conversation in Aryan didn't leave her in any mood to coax her best friend. 

An entire week passed without any interaction between Aryan and Kiara. Aryan kept it strictly professional, came in early, left late, called her for updates and told her to vanish as soon as her work was done.

However, Kiara was adamant. She was trying to bring Aryan out of his cocoon. She would order breakfast and lunch for him and enclosed small notes with it which read 

I am sorry.

Please forgive me.

Eat up!

Eat! I didn't poison that.

I shouldn't have crossed the line. Sorry!

Let's be friends!

Every note went straight to the dustbin crumbled. At least he read those, she thought. Kiara knew his situation because even she went through the same and mentally thanked God for giving her Rita and Shona who handled her so well in her turbulent times.

Finally, one fine morning, Aryan called her in.

"Let's be friends! Are you kidding me?"

"Why? Can't we be friends?"

"With you never! You are nothing but an employee who works for me. I don't trust you. Stop sending me food and your stupid notes. I don't have time for this."

She felt hurt. Blinking back her tears, she replied,

"I want to help you. I have been there, I know how it feels."

"You have been nowhere. You haven't been in my shoes. You won't understand and I have no plans to make you understand as well."

"Try once."

"Why? Why do you want to do this? You are earning good if you want more money so work hard for it. Don't do this stuff to lure me into you. I am definitely not interested."

"Keep your money to yourself Aryan, I have enough. How can you even think like that? I am not a gold digger."

"Who knows? What your plans are?"

"Mr Aryan, enough! Fine, if you don't want me to help you, cool. It ends here. You'll hear no more from me and yes don't you dare blame my intentions behind this. I tried to help you but if you don't want to help yourself then good. Don't! I have completed the file you asked me to review. Your appointment with Mr Seth is scheduled at 4:30 pm and after that, you have a  charity function to attend."

With this, she stormed out of the cabin. She didn't wait for what Aryan wanted to say, she was broken, disheartened. She came from a rich and sophisticated family how can he think so low of her. 

She went directly to her workstation where she was greeted by healthy, chubby, and adorable Ria. She was surfing the internet, reading articles on maternity fashion. Kiara smiled looking at her, she looked goddess for a nine months pregnant woman. 

"Don't tell me, you're shopping again."

"I am, actually my Laptop has some bugs which are being looked by the Security team so till that I thought why not use yours. Check this LBD, it's so sexy."

"You already bought nine pairs of clothes three days back, what are you going to do with these?"

"I wish to look hot and stylish mom-to-be, an role-model for every fashionista that pregnancy doesn't stop you from being yourself.", she replied with a wink.

"Whatever, fashionista Mom!"

They both laughed, they had an invisible strong bond which grew as her working days passed by. Kiara felt closer to Ria than any other colleague, she was easy to talk to and also they liked the same chocolate 'Milkybar.'

"Why so sad, let's put a smile on that face?"

Kiara giggled. "I loved that movie, it was awesome."

"It was. Tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing Ria, just not feeling well." Kiara lied, she didn't want to bother Ria because of her arrogant brother.

"I am not buying it. Tell me, Kiara. You were all smiles earlier, but somehow it seems to be missing." Ria eyed her with concern.

"I think I am having a headache Ria. Mind if I go and grab a cup of tea?"

"Why bother asking? Go already otherwise you'll be late for your meeting."

"And yes, before leaving, remember roses are red, violets are blue, I love you and I love you," Ria said smilingly. 

"hahaha, sometimes I wonder who the copywriter is. Anyways, love you too girl."

On her way to the cafe, she collided with Vicky, her colleague. They talked a few times, subtle morning and noon wishes. 

"Ouch. Sorry I didn't see where I was heading."

"It's alright Vicky. I was just heading to the cafeteria anyway."

"Ohh" he sheepishly replied.

"See you around," Kiara said waving while entering the elevator.

"Mind if I join you Kiara, even I feel like having a strong dose of caffeine. Aryan is in not-so-good mood today."

"why not?" Kiara said, "by the way, he is never in good mood."

"with you as well," Vicky asked, getting inside the elevator.

"Long story short, YES"

"Then I guess I have company." They hi-fived. Some more people entered the elevator and just as it was about to close, Aryan entered.

The lively talks inside the elevator went to dull and sullen faces. It felt that Aryan was searching for something or someone. Kiara was standing behind Vicky as the elevator was jam-packed, she didn't have any space to move.

She could see Aryan searching but Aryan was unable to spot Kiara because of Vicky's towering height. As soon as the elevator reached the first floor Aryan leapt out of it. He began frantically searching the entire cafeteria.

Meanwhile, Kiara along with Vicky entered the cafe. Just as she was about to proceed towards the tea vendor, Aryan grabbed her arm.

Kiara stood still unable to comprehend his actions. She eyed his hand and then looked up at him. Those eyes, it held guilt.

"Yes! How may I help you?"

"Huh" Aryan looked stunned, sadness crossed his eyes which was soon morphed into nothingness. His eyes held no emotions. 

"What do you want?" Kiara asked boldly, removing her hand from his grasp. She was hurt and she was not going to let this slide.

Vicky meanwhile was watching them both, he looked flabbergasted. 

Aryan coughed. 

"Vicky you carry on. Ms Kiara Shah, in my office now." and he left.

Vicky mimicked Aryan and left before mouthing all the best to Kiara.

Kiara, however, felt confused. 

Did he come to apologize? 

Does he care?