Part 4

♫ song to listen to while reading this chapter :)

Jungkook - Begin

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"I'm sorry." Taehyung apologized sincerely, while Jungkook continued silently staring at him. "I was just worried about you and the question slipped past my lips. I ruined everything, huh?"

To his surprise, Jungkook just shook his head in response and smiled at him. Taehyung could only sigh in relief.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked again, in a less alarmed voice and the boy nodded. "So... my voice... I often get told that it doesn't really match my looks or something like that... Was it a nice surprise?"

Another nod from the younger and Taehyung smiled sheepishly.

Jungkook liked his voice.

Jungkook wasn't mad at him for speaking all of a sudden.

Jungkook was smiling at him.

That was... fucking amazing!

"Time to return the favor, Jungkook-ah! It's your turn to say something!" Taehyung excitedly chirped and loved how the younger's name easily rolled off his tongue, it sounded so nice. Taehyung has been dying to say Jungkook's name for weeks.

My turn, huh?

Jungkook repeated in his head and clenched his fists under the table.

It was unavoidable. Of course, they couldn't keep talking to each other through notes and texts for the rest of their lives.

Jungkook knew that this day would come, sooner or later.

It was much sooner than he had expected though and he wasn't ready, but it was time.

He couldn't continue lying to Taehyung, straight in the face.

So he took in a deep, much needed breath and opened his mouth to speak. 

Hi, Hyung. 

Taehyung was good at lip reading, so he was pretty sure that's what Jungkook had said or tried to, because no sound left the boy's lips when he spoke.

Jungkook could see it... Taehyung was waiting for him to say something else, to actually speak, but a sad smile appeared on the boy's face and it finally clicked...

Taehyung's eyes widened, he really wasn't good at faking his emotions, he was absolutely shocked.