CHAPTER - 7

"2 Months Later"

"Nandini's P.O.V"

Its been 2 months since Manik is behaving weird. Not only me but everyone around us noticed it. Manik's behavior is getting worst day by day. He is pushing away everyone close to him. My concern for him is increasing day by day seeing his behavior. I'm getting more and more worried for him.

I can't ask anything from Manik because he never replied instead got angry on everyone including me, office staff, and on his friends too which I don't want to happen again. One day he came home with some stack of papers with him. He left those papers on the table and when I tried to read the papers he snatched those papers from me. He was so afraid at that time and without saying anything he went off. And I got curious so I tried searching his room for some clue he caught me and become more furious and said I don't have any rights to come to his room without permission and touch his things...

Wait a minute did I mention that we're not living in a same room now? How can we even be in same room. He is not my Manik anymore, He is not my husband anymore. We are just two strangers living under one roof.

I still remember the day when we had a biggest fight and that day he was so angry that he thrown me and my belongings out of His room.

"Flashback"

That day I was doing kitchen chores as he said I've to do all the things which servants used to do so here I'm doing all this things which I've never did.

Milk was boiling on the stove and here I was lost in his thoughts that why is he doing this, everything started from that day I heard that weird call, manik disappeared for more than a day, what happened that day that manik started behaving like this? All the questions were roaming around my mind. I was so lost that I failed to notice that milk is already boiled and is coming out.

But suddenly out of nowhere Manik came and pushed me back and switch the stove off. My hands were close to the stove only if he hadn't come my hands would be burnt by the boiling milk. He looked at me and said

"Shona, are you okay? Nothing has happened to you right? What were you doing, Hm? Where were you lost? Something could've happened to you, if I didn't came on time." He said worriedly cupping my cheeks and hugged me tightly. He was blabbering something but my full concentration was on Shona. He is calling me Shona after so many days. After all this time I can finally see the same love he had for me in his eyes. A tear drop fell from my eyes. I was on cloud nine but how can my happiness be long-lasting?

He as if remembering something suddenly pushed me and looked here and there and then suddenly looked right into my eyes without any emotions and said

"Thank God that you're okay if something would've happened to you then I had to search for another servant. Do your work carefully I don't have enough time to search another servant." He said with a straight face as if he doesn't care if something happens to me.

"Really Manik you seriously don't care if something happened to me but you're worried about searching for a new servant." Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Am I a servant for you Manik? Tell me Manik, Am I just a servant for you?" I shouted on him because now I've had enough of it. How dare he call me a servant?

"Yes, You are!" He too shouted on the top of his voice. His voice echoed in whole mansion .His anger was clearly visible in his eyes. Anger which I haven't seen in ages. Anger that literally made me shiver.

"I'm not Manik. I'm your wife not a servant. Why are you doing this with me Manik? Don't you love me anymore Manik? Is there is someone else in your life? Do you lo... love someone else?" I started with shouting on him but the mere thought of Manik with another woman struck my heart. I just can't see him with another woman. But still I asked him in a broken voice while stammering.