Chapter 5

With the day winding down pretty quickly, the night had owls cooing and cool breezes blowing. People were turning in or going out to party. Candles replaced the sunlight that once shined through all of the windows of each house that was in the neighborhood. If you went down the street and turned left on a corner, you would find a light teal house with a white door. The building was a nice size, yet still felt like a lot of space. There were only three people living in that house. Well, there were guests staying over tonight so the room filled up.

"Tell me again why we're doing it this way?" Orion inquired.

Jake was on the couch with a controller in his hand. He, along with the yellow and pink ranger, were racing against one another.

"Look, much as I wanted to just talk to her then and there and just get to the point," the green ranger explained, "I just thought it'd be more fun to just invite her over and welcome her."

"So welcoming her is playing twenty questions and trying to find out stuff?" Noah asked.

"Well when you say it like that it sounds wrong." Jake retorted.

His friend rolled his eyes.

"I just think that we should've been more natural about it, especially you Jake." Emma spoke up.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

-Flashback-

After having a mini team meeting, the gang went to try and find their new little helper. She had left the premises yes, however where she went was not clear. At first, the leader suggested they split up. But before they could, a person clearing their throat caught their attention. It made everyone jump and the teen who saw them blinked with a medium wide smile.

"Oh uh...heeyyy Savannah." Troy greeted awkwardly, not expecting her to be there.

The redhead waved playfully at their faces.

"We were just coming to find you." Gia told her.

"I bet you were," Savannah responded, "considering that when I went to my car, somebody left their wallet in the space next to the driver's seat."

Everybody, excluding the red and blue ranger, shared a puzzled reaction.

"When I said don't be cheap I didn't mean give me all your money." Savannah teased.

She tossed the wallet back to the new kid. He caught it and smiled.

"But yeah I couldn't help myself, I left about a good forty dollars in there." The female warrior mentioned.

The leader gave her a look.

"I had seventy." Troy remarked.

Savannah shrugged, "said I left $40."

Troy looked surprised once he calculated how much she took. All he got was an amused smirk.

"So what?" Savannah asked, "you were looking for me why?"

The jokester of the bunch walked up to her.

"We're hanging out at my house tonight, be there at nine thirty and don't forget to bring everything you need. Later!" He said rather quickly.

He turned around and walked away from everyone. His best bud followed along with him to help set up at his place. The brave teenage girl raised an eyebrow.

"Don't worry it'll be fun. Besides, it's just a sleepover, nothing too weird." Emma tried to reassure her unsuspiciously.

She did not have to since it was not nervousness that got to her. The yellow ranger placed a hand on her shoulder and patted it before leaving with her bestie. Pressing his lips together, the silver ranger, along with the red ranger, walked up and stood in front of her.