Imposter

Summary: Gabriel was good at keeping hidden, but Lucifer manages to find him, and forces him to cooperate in a scheme unknown to Gabriel.

Gabriel didn't know how he had found him. But the archangel sensed his brother's presence behind him before he even opened his mouth.

"What are you doing here Lucifer?" Gabriel looked up from the sink he had been splashing his face in, meeting his brother's gaze indirectly in the mirror. He wasn't in the vessel he had been in when he was thrown in the pit. "Vince Vincente? Really?" Gabriel turned around and leaned against the sink, hands gripping it tightly. He had to admit he was a bit nervous, seeing his brother all of the sudden, although he would never let that show.

"What, I can't stop by and visit my favorite brother?" Lucifer said defensively, throwing his hands into the air, "I'm not always up to some scheme Gabriel!"

"Yes you are, pretty much since birth. The first suggestion you gave dad was to make spiders the same size of wolves," Gabriel countered, "So what are you up to this time?"

Lucifer sighed. "Welp, you got me there. You always were a smart one, Gabe," Lucifer walked up to Gabriel, only an inch separating them. Gabriel's eyes traced over the blisters and welts beginning to appear on the vessel, unable to contain his brother's power, then looked Lucifer back in the eye. He would have backed up had he not been against a sink. Gabriel clenched his teeth awkwardly and shrugged, "I need to ask a bit of a favor. As you see, my vessel is lasting about as long as paper lasts in water. Sooooo I was hoping, for a time, we could share a vessel. Until I find a better one, of course," Lucifer proposed.

"Nope, no way," Gabriel slid to the side and brushed past Lucifer, casually buttoning his shirt up that had previously been undone. They had shared a vessel once before, before Lucifer had been expelled from Heaven, and it had been a disaster. The vessel had begun to deteriorate and the whole time it was a fight for power. Gabriel had barely won wrangled his position in the driver's seat away from him.

"Come ooooon, I'll let you keep control, I promise!" Lucifer followed him out of the bathroom as Gabriel grabbed a jacket from the coat rack. Gabriel turned as he slipped it on, facing his brother.

"I'm telling you no Lucifer. You aren't exactly known for keeping your promises," Gabriel restated firmly, "Look, I have to meet up with my demigod buddies down at a bar. I don't know how you got in here, but I'm sure you can show yourself out the same way. It's been nice catching up Luci, but I'm not going to participate in on of your little plots," Gabriel turned and went to open the door of the penthouse, only to gasp as the sharp agony of an archangel blade pierced his calf. Gabriel let out a cry of pain through clenched teeth and feel to the ground, feeling the grace and blood leak out of his wound. He wasn't dead, thankfully, Lucifer had aimed for a nonlethal spot, but it hurt like hell. Lucifer crouched down in front of Gabriel, legs bent outwards and arms hanging casually over the knees. His eyes glowed a threatening red.

"I tried to ask you nicely, Gabriel. I'm sorry I had to do this," Lucifer said, then smirked and shook his head, "No, I'm not. I'm not sorry at all, I gave you a chance after all. So," He clapped his hands, "Here's the dealio - You let me be your roomie in your vessel and I heal you. Or I finish the job. How's that sound?"

Gabriel gritted his teeth as he look up at Lucifer, then back at the archangel blade. He sucked in his breath through his teeth as he tried to move his leg. Damn it, he should have known better than the tun his back on Lucifer. Not only did archangel blades have the power to kill and archangel, but even a wound would block their power, in a way. They couldn't heal themselves, otherwise it would render the blade virtually powerless against a rogue archangel. What use is a weapon if the target can heal itself instantly?