Secret in The Bay Part 2

Summary: Even after the attack, this has not deterred Sam and Gabriel from meeting as often as they can. However, now Dean has come back, and Sam is unsure how to explain his strange relationship to his brother.

The incident that had left a jagged scar along Gabriel's wrist had been towards the end of September, or at least that's what Sam said as Gabriel didn't really know what months are. He just knew Summer, Winter, Autumn, and Spring. Ever since then, the temperatures had been dropping. Gabriel could not only feel this in the chill that made the hairs on his arm stand up whenever he popped up from the water, but could see it in that way that Sam no longer took of his shirt, preferring to hid his body under a baggy sweatshirt and jeans. Even his hair was hidden sometimes with a beanie. Gabriel had to admit he was slightly disappointed. Sam was hot as hell! Though, his boyfriend looked just as cute in those clothes, giving Gabriel that same 'I'm too tired for this shit' vibe he had gotten when he'd first seen him. Beyoncé could come right up to him and he would just shrug and greet her as though she were a normal person. As though she wasn't a goddess (Sam had let Gabriel listen to some music on his phone, and now he idolized the woman).

Sam kept coming by the pier ever day, though now most days he brought homework to work on while chatting with Gabriel. When Sam had explained what homework and school was, Gabriel thought Sam was kidding, his head whirling in confusion even at Sam's schedule.

"So you go to school for six hours, go to a bunch of different classes, and then get homework in all of them to do after school too?" Gabriel asked, face stricken with horror.

"Pretty much, yeah," Sam shrugged. The poor thing had already come to terms with this horrible system!

"That's bullshit!" Gabriel exclaimed. Sam laughed.

"Yeah, it kind of is. But if I want to stay out of the Navy, I got to get into a good college."

"College?"

"It's kind of like high school on steroids. You get to pick what you study for four or more years and do adult stuff," Sam explained.

"Years? Poseidon, Sammy, just hop in the water with me and stay here forever, that sounds awful," Gabriel shook his head in disgust, and Sam laughed again.

Ever since their first two kisses, that's as far as they had gone. Just kissing that sometimes turned into making out like made men, sucking the breath from each other, Gabriel ripping Sam's clothes off so he could feel his chilly skin against his as the wrestled for the little warmth shared between them in their mouths, Gabriel's tail flipped off to the side so that he wouldn't smack Sam with it or make him smell like fish, though it was hard as Sam just always wanted to get closer to Gabriel, and vice versa. Had Gabriel said sometimes? He meant pretty much all the time. Like, seven out of the ten times would end with Sam teasingly complaining about being unable to hide the hickies on his neck. Right now, he decided, would be another one of those times as he pulled himself from the water, smacking the binder balanced between Sam's knees out of his lap (but careful to keep it on land) and tackled him, kissing him roughly. Sam seemed shocked and froze for a moment before returning the kiss, wrapping his arms around Gabriel. Sam decided he would just stay up a bit late tonight to do his homework. Gabriel was fare more important.

One day, in late October (or so Sam called it), Sam didn't come to the pier. Gabriel had been waiting for house, late into the night, yet Sam still hadn't arrived. Gabriel chewed his bottom lip in worry, eyes anxiously scanning up and down the coast. All he could see were people that were dressed in odd clothes. Were these weirdos the reason Sam wasn't coming to see him? What were they even doing? They were just walking up and down the street. He had seen humans do pointless things before but this was completely new.