•3•

It's so hard. Being homeless and being away from your family for so long. I've been homeless for at least a year. Or more. I don't even know anymore, I've lost track of time.

My stomach growled. I held it then went over to the box where I keep snacks and drinks in. There was a small pack of cheez-its and a bottle of water. I sighed realizing I have to restock.

"Welp. Guess I have to get more." I said to myself. I fixed my curly hair the best I could, put the hood over my head grabbed my backpack and walked out of the alley.

                                              • • •

The bell rang as I walked into the gas station where I always steal from. I walked to the drinks, picked five smart waters. I put them in my backpack and walked over to the snacks. There were a lot to choose from so I ended up with three bags of chips, seven granola bars, and a pack of candy.

I zipped the bag up and walked out.

                                              • • •

"Dad. Can you help me." I said to him. We were outside.

"Sure kiddo." He said. He was teaching me how to ride a skateboard.

"Don't let go." I told him.

"Don't worry I've got you." He reassured. The board was moving. Then I felt his hands remove off of me.

"No I said don't let go!" I screamed. He chuckled.

"Jack look you're doing it." He told me. He was right. I was doing it.

"I'm-I'm actually doing it." I laughed in success and kept skating.

• • •

I snapped back into reality when I accidentally ran into someone.

"Watch where you're going!" They said.

"I-I'm so sorry." I said. They scoffed and walked away.

Back at the alley now. The cold alley. I unzipped the backpack and put the food and water in the box then grabbed myself one water and chips.

There I sat. Silently eating and shivering. I just want a home. I want someone who will love me.

I want mom and the girls

___________________________________

Omg Jacky!

Y'all if you haven't already make sure to check out jackxrobertxavery cause her books are the bomb

I know it's a short chapter. I tried my best

Author of chapter RamenNoodlesAvery

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3