"Just Friends"

Ladybug flew by, using her yo-yo, and dropped down into her school, under a set of stairs. She looked around and was relieved to see no one watching.

"Tikki, spots off." Ladybug whispered, and she was back to Marinette, a normal girl wItH a NoRmAl LiFe, despite the flying red kwami next to her.

Once she got the signal from Marinette, Tikki flew back into the girl's purse.

Just as she was about to walk out, into the open, she saw Adrien passing by with Nino, having a conversation. Marinette let out a small, squeaky yelp before retreating back into the comfort of the old, bug-filled, web-covered staircase.

"Marinette, it's okay. Just walk out! I doubt he'll say anything." Tikki said, poking her head out of the purse. Though her words were comforting, the kwami was stifling a smile, for her holder's behavior was quite silly. 

"No Tikki. He'll think I'm weird." Marinette whisper-shouted.

The kwami sighed and turned around to eavesdrop on Adrien and Nino. Marinette joined in.

"Nino, come on. We're just friends! That's it." Adrien assured Nino.

"He's rejecting someone," Marinette informed the kwami. "It couldn't be me, right? Adrien wouldn't even have to say that we're just friends. Everyone knows that!" Marinette slightly frowned at her last two sentences.

"Except for me." Tikki giggled. Her laughter sounded like small chiming bells.

Marinette smiled at that. She then continued to listen in on the conversation.

"Yeah, sure. Say what you want. But I'm just saying, you and Marinette look good together." Nino reasoned. Yes, the conversation stopped right when Marinette and Tikki started talking and continued when they stopped. #wattpadlogic

"I don't care, Nino! Marinette and I are just friends. Nothing more." Adrien said, letting out a small chuckle, though, his tone of voice was slightly harsh. He had stopped and turned to face Nino. He was incredibly grateful for Nino, he was his first nonforced friend, but Nino had been bothering him with this subject for a while.

Marinette couldn't believe it. He was rejecting her. And his rare tone of voice proved that he felt strongly about it. She sat down and looked at the pavement ground in disappointment. She could feel Tikki's tiny hand on Marinette's cheek, in an attempt to comfort her.

She no longer felt Tikki's hand and looked down at her purse to find Tikki staring up at her. "He's coming, Marinette!" Tikki whispered, clicking the purse shut.

Marinette looked up and saw Adrien heading towards her.

The girl quickly opened her bag and grabbed her diary, pen, headphones, and phone, pretending to be busy. She opened to a random page, plugged her headphones into her phone, and pretended to be writing. Yes, she had enough time to do all of this before Adrien came. Shut up. #wattpadlogic -.-

"Hey, Marinette!" Adrien greeted, a smile on his face.

Marinette pretended she couldn't hear him. She wasn't ready to face him, much less talk to him. But this wasn't like when she was talking to him, and she started stuttering, and her words were mixed up and such, no. This was completely different. The boy who Marinette thought was honest and kind and gentle and sweet had actually somehow done something to upset her.

Yeah, Mr. Perfect had actually done something wrong.

Marinette knew she couldn't force Adrien to love her, but wouldn't you also be upset and slightly mad that your crush didn't like you?

"Hi, Marinette," Adrien repeated, not thinking anything was up.

"Uh... is something wrong?" Adrien asked, now getting the hint that something had happened.

"Yes," Marinette finally said, sighing. She took off her headphones and faced him.

What she hated was that Adrien didn't know that he had hurt her feelings. He didn't know that Marinette was in love with him and dreamed of the two of them getting married and buying a house and getting a pet hamster, he somehow had absolutely no idea that she was obsessed with him. She couldn't exactly blame him for saying what he said without at least sugarcoating it, but she couldn't help it.

So what was the point of trying?

"What's wrong?" Adrien asked, a concerned look on his face.

"More like who," Marinette muttered, glaring at him.

"What?" Adrien said, raising an eyebrow. He didn't expect someone like Marinette to ignore others and shoot glares at people who weren't Chloe, especially her friends.

Marinette rolled her eyes and faced her polka-dotted diary once again.

~ s q u i g g l e ~

Hawkmoth watched as the only window opened in the darkroom. The light shined through almost instantly.

"Now, now, what have we here? Rejected by the love of your life?" the man said in amusement.

Hawkmoth opened his hand and let a small, glowing, white butterfly fly into it. He used his other hand to cup the butterfly inside and watched as black mist covered it, causing the butterfly's white wings and body to fade into a deep black.

Causing it to turn into an akuma.

"Fly away, my little akuma," Hawkmoth ordered, spinning his staff, the akuma started to fly away, "and evilize evilize is not a word her!" He pressed the bottom of his staff to the ground, causing it to make a loud thump.

And by the time Hawkmoth finished saying his infamous catchphrase, the akuma was already out the window, and in the city.

So, how's the story so far? I would say I'm pretty satisfied with it. Please share your opinion in the comments section below!

EDITED