Chapter 6

This is going to be Parker's POV on when he saw Dayna on her first day. ENJOY YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON!!

^^^

I wake up to another terrible Thursday morning. I open my navy blue curtains and stare out into the neighborhood like a man on a mission.

This couldn't be happening. I walk downstairs to leave the house for school but I see my mom passed out on the couch with bottles of liquor surrounding her. She only drinks when something comes up about dad and my sister.

(Flashback to 6 years ago, the accident)

During a normal day of 6th grade, Parker was in his 7th period. It was casual and going swell when his teacher got a phone call for him to go home early.

Parker packed all of his stuff and headed to the front of the school, which held his dad, Liam, in the car. He got in, greeted his father, and drove home. "How come I'm being picked up early?" Parker questioned. "Well, your mother wants us to have a family dinner early so all four of us are going to make a huge dinner," his father explained.

Parker had a younger sister named Dessa. She was 6 at the time but she knew how to cook like a pro.

"Grandma, grandpa, your Aunt, and a few of your cousins are coming over too."

"This'll be fun," thought Parker. He never really like his cousins but he still put up with them.

Once they got to their house, Parker's Mother, Sierra, was already getting ingredients set out. Dessa came running down the stairs in her little pink apron. "I'm ready!" She yelled. Sierra smiled and assigned everyone on what they're cooking. She's focusing on the turkey, Parker had the sides, Dessa made desserts, and Liam made drinks.

The family came way earlier than Sierra expected. She sat down on the couch and greeted everyone. Talked about financials, kids, how she's doing with her kids... you know, what adults talk about when they see family.

They talk for hours and hourse. Sierra was completely out of it and focused on grandma's stories she never told before. The conversation broke when the fire alarm rang through the house. "Oh, fuck! Just fucking great," she mumbled. She ran to the oven which held a turkey on fire.

She took the turkey out of the oven and place it on the counter. "Liam, shut the alarm off!" She yelled. Sierra fanned the flaming food with a cloth. That set to fire as well... Parker yelled out to Dessa to get out of the kitchen.

The fire spread throughout the kitchen and into the living room. That held a lot of wooden objects. "Call the fire department!" Parker shouted. Everyone ran out of the house. Grandpa was already on the phone with the department while their Aunt was taking head count.

"Parker, Sierra, Liam, Mom and dad, my kids... where's Dessa?" She asked everyone. They looked around and looked back at the house.

"Shit..." Sierra said. She was about to run in but Liam swiftly grabbed her arm, looked her deeply into her eyes, and ran into the house. "LIAM!" Everyone shouted. The firemen finally came and did what they had to do.

5 minutes later, Liam and Dessa still haven't escaped the damaged house. "They were no where to be found... we're sorry." A man said. Sierra and Parker had tears filled in their eyes.

Sierra lost a husband and a daughter and Parker lost a sister and a father that day...

(Present)

I cleaned up the bottles and stared at my mom. I offered her therapy but she got really angry. "You don't tell me what to do!" Rung through my ears.

I'm hurt too but sometimes you have to know that they're in a much safer and better place than this crappy world. I'd rather live on Mars than Earth to be honest.

I grabbed my backpack and left the house. Mom being left on the couch, passed out, kind of scared me. It's not her first time she's done that. The most severe hing she's done was throw a bottle at me. She kept telling me saying, 'you didn't save your sister, it's your fault she died' or 'it's my fault that I wasn't paying attention to the fucking food, I'm the one who killed your father.'

I try my hardest to make her happy or make things right but she gets so angry. Not the abusive way, but I mean she did throw a glass bottle at her own son.

Yeah sometimes I blame myself for not saving my sister at the moment but I can't let that bring me down the most. I have to focus on keeping my future positive. Most likely, try to find somebody to love.

My past relationships have been trash as hell but I want to give love one more try. Hopefully, just hopefully, I'll find someone beautiful for me.

At school...

"Ayeee, Parker!" My buddy, Carson, yelled out. "Hey man," I opened my locker, grabbing my stuff, then focused to Carson. "You hear we're getting a new student? I bet $20 it's a girl." He said showing a cocky smile. "Gross dude, I know what you're thinking."

"Whaaat! Your boy needs a girl to get down with!" He t-bagged the air and I just walked away. I still couldn't believe that I'm friends with this horn dog. But yet, he's still the bestest friend I could ever have.

"Hey! Wait up," he ran up to me, walking to class.

///

15 minutes into class, and I'm actually waiting for this 'new student' Carson is talking about. He may just be joking around and playing with my feelings. But he did seem more cockier than normally so I guess it's true.

The door pushes open and a... girl walked in. I immediately turned my head to her because she was just... wow.

She stares back at me as well and mumbles something. I couldn't really make it out but I'll probably figure it out.

"Go sit behind Mr. Jett," The teacher said to her, pointing her pen at me. She stared back at me again and grinned a bit. Carson turned back to me and shot me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes at him.

The second she got closer, I heard a pounding heartbeat shooting through my ears. It was either hers, or mine...

~~~~~

ThAnKs FoR rEaDiNg!!!!!

~Tarya