Chapter 18:

It is now Friday and I was rushing home. Michael had invited me to this party that his friend was throwing and at first I was a bit uneasy, but he assured me that he would be by me the entire time so I thought, why not? It should be fun.

Once I got home, I went straight to the shower and got ready, dressing in a pair of short, black denim shorts that had a few studs on them and a batman logo vest top. I know what you’re thinking; why are you wearing that to a party? Well, it's because I don't have dresses, especially them kind that makes you look like a hooker/slut.

Once I was ready, I checked the time and it was 7:47pm which means Michael should be picking me up soon, so I got my low-top converse on and went into the living room and sat down next to Ricky.

"Woah, where are you going?" he said, checking out m outfit.

"Michael's taking me to a party," I told him and I saw his eyebrow furrow. "I know, I was pretty iffy at first, but he said he wouldn't let me out of my sight unless it was absolute necessary. He has promised to protect me," I told him and he relaxed a bit. "Where's mum and dad?"

"They went out for a meal with mum's boss," he stated, looking back at the TV.

There was soon a knock at the door and before I could get up, Ricky was already darting towards it, opening it and talking to Michael.

"You better look after her Clifford. I need your word," Ricky said instantly, taking Michael aback but soon gathered himself.

"I swear Ricky, I will look after her. I will guard her with all my power, I promise. If anything happened to her, I wouldn't be able to handle that," Michael said, not letting his eyes leave Ricky, showing he means it.

"Okay," Ricky said with a sigh and looked towards me and gave me a hug. "Be careful, yeah?"

"I'll try."

I pulled away and walked over to Michael, giving him a kiss on the lips and I heard my brother gag and I just rolled my eyes.

"Come on, we better go," Michael says as he intertwined his fingers with mine and I nodded my head in agreement and off we went.

As we started walking, I looked back to see Ricky watching as we walked away from the house. That's what I get for having an over-protective brother...

"By the way, you look really hot. I couldn't really say anything in front of your brother because he might have killed me..." Michael trailed off with a laugh.

"Well thank you, you are looking sexy as always," I said with a wink to him and he smirked. "So where are we actually going?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"To Luke’s brother's house. He moved out about a month ago and now he is throwing a party to sort of warm the place up a bit," he answered.

When we reached the street the house was on, we heard the music blasting away already.

When we got nearer, I saw loads of teenagers already drunk and I was starting to get nervous. I slowed down a bit until I stopped completely. Michael noticed something was wrong because he looked back at me with a confused look.

"Gem? What's the matter?" He asked me, seeing my worried face. "Have you been to a party before? Are you worried with what will happen?"

I shifted my eyes to the party in front of us, then to Michael, then down to the ground.

"Gemma, I swear to you, I won't let anything happen. Stay by my side, and you'll be fine. Yeah? Trust me," he said and placed a kiss on my lips to seal the deal.

I gave in and ended up taking his hand again and we made our way to the house and through the front door.

People were everywhere and I can guarantee that 99% of the people here are drunk and the other 1% that rent drunk are Michael and I.

"Michael! You made it!" Calum shouted as he walked over to us, stumbling a bit and his words seemed a bit slurred, so I am gathering he is a bit drunk already...

"Yeah... Looks like you've had an early start..." Michael said to Calum, followed by a laugh, and he made sure his grip around my waist was secure and pulled me closer to him.

"Well durr," he slurred and took another swig of his beef in his hand and then walked away after spotting his girlfriend.

"Come on, let’s get a drink," Michael said as he pulled me along to wear the drinks were set up. He poured a drink in a red cup and pushed it in my face. "Here," he said, but I just. Stared at it because I have never had alcohol before. "It's fine. You'll like it," he said and I didn't bother arguing with him.

I took the cup and took a long sip of it. It burned the back of my throat as he went down. However, even though it burned, it had a very assisting taste to it, causing me to want more. So when I finished that one, I got another and Michael was smirking at me.

"See. Told you, you would like it," he said, his voice thick and raspy due to the alcohol he had consumed.

About 10 minutes later, I had drunk about 5 cups of whatever the hell I was drinking and I had no clue as to what I was doing. Michael however, was more experienced at controlling the alcohol. We were dancing to the beat of the music.

After a while, I felt the need to go to the toilet so I told Michael I'd be right back and walked upstairs. Avoiding the many drunk people in this house.

Once I was all done in the bathroom, I walked out and back down the staircase to where I left Michael.

When I walked back into the living room, I looked around to try and spot him. I soon found the back of his head and started to walk over to him. He stumbled back a bit and ended up turning around a bit and that's when my heart felt like it had just been ripped out of my chest.

Michael was kissing...

[CLIFFHANGER!! Who do you think it is?]

**Sorry it's a short chapter but I have a feeling they all with be short from now on. I don't have much time at the moment. Sorry. I will try to update when I can. Please keep voting and commenting what you think!**