Chapter 1 - Moonlight

Prince Barnaby lay on his side watching rays of moonlight filter threw his sheer pink curtains. The light wasn't over bearing in anyway. It glowed almost softly, as though it was trying to politly lull him to sleep.

'I need to sleep.' The young prince thought to himself.

Never-the-less his eyes stayed open. Soft blue orbs glanced around the room. He slowly sat up, allowing his feet to touch the cold tile of his room. Barnaby was fairly exposed wearing boxers and a band tee-shirt from Marshall. His tired eyes landed on a dark spec in the sky. It only grew bigger as it grew closer. Now it was only three feet away, wearing a smirk.

"Hey, Bubba. What are you doing up so late? It's almost two in the morning." Marshall asked sitting on the balconeys  hand rail.

"I couldn't sleep. My mind won't shut off." Gumball sighed. "I'm always cold, no matter how many blankets. I'm always thinking, I can't rest, eat, fufill royal duties."

Marshall's singnature smirk disappeared. His eyebrows clenched together ever so slightly, the corners of his mouth drooped. Marshall looked concerned.

"Bubba, you're not tired." Marshall said. When Barnaby looked at him confused he continued. "You seem lonely, not tired. I could stay here with you? Keep you company?"

"Thank you, Marshall." Gumball replied with sleepy eyes.

Marshall placed a hand on Gumball's back and helped him to his bed. Gumball layed down a held the covers up for Marshall. Marshall climbed in next to the tired prince. Without a word Marshall put his arms around Bubba. With Gumball's head on Marshall's chest, and their legs tangled, the prince finally fell into a peacefull slumber. The moonlight was still shining when the boys fell asleep, as it will for centuries to come.

-

-

-

Hello beautiful readers!! This oneshot was dedicated to Nicholas, a friend of mine. This was my first fanfic so let me know what you think! I accept requested for smut, fluff, and angst. As long as it's yaoi!! Love you!!!