Camp Valhalla / Chapter One

Magnus Chase, 16 years old, blonde boy, the cousin of the badass, Annabeth Chase, or even Beantown (Though I still hate that name with a passion),

That's me.

High school is boring, living with my uncle, Randolf is terrible, my small neighbourhood is uneventful, and frankly my life sucks most the time.

Until summer arrives.

You see, summer doesn't just mean school is out, it means that summer camp starts up and i for one, love summer camp. I've been going to camp for about 5 years now and i couldn't believe how amazing it was my first time.

After my mom, Natalie Chase, died, all I did was grieve and hide in my room alone. So my uncle signed me up for a whole summer of camp with my cousin, Annabeth Chase. At first I hated being there. But then I started talking to people and actually somehow made friends.

It made me sad at the end of camp, because I just assumed I'd never see any of them again. Then everyone began exchanging phone numbers and social media like it was a common thing kids did at camp. Now, being an experienced camper, I can state that it is very true.

We made a group chat that never seemed to die. I could always count on talking to my camp friends whenever I needed/wanted someone to talk to or make me laugh.

We all made plans to go back the next summer and be in the same cabin group. We met another girl who was planning on being a C.I.T (Counsler in training). Her name is Samirah Al-abbas, or just Sam. She's now a counsler and is pretty great at it. She's been our counsler twice now and plans to be this summer if she can.

Now, 5 years since my first year at camp, the same gang of us 7 has stuck together like glue. Inseparable.

I don't think this summer will be any different.

Oh boy am I wrong.