Chapter Three

"We're here." Fredrick says after about an hour and a half, pulling into a field with a heck of alot of cars.

Annabeth unclicks her belt and i do the same. I get out of the car and take in the deep scent of freshly cut grass.

"No place like camp." Annabeth said, hoisting the bags out of the car. I walked over and grabbed my red bag. Annabeth glanced around, no doubt for her friends.

"Come on guys, before you run off we have to sign in." Fredrick sakd, putting a hand on Annabeth's shoulder. He shut the door of the van and we all made our way towards the main office building that was used for registration.

After eons of waiting in a long line of parents and kids, we finally make it into the building. The man at the desk smiles us. I remember him perfectly. Mr Brunner, or as the older campers call him, Chiron.

"Hey Chiron." Annabeth greets. "Hi Chiron." I said. He smiled at us happily.

"Annabeth! Magnus! Nice to see you two back!" He said. "I don't think you two need any introductions." He smiled, galnxing at his paper.

"Annabeth, your an owl. Magnus, your a wolf this year." He smiled, gesturing to the door.

"Bye dad." Annabeth said. "Bye Uncle Fredrick." I said, waving slightly. He smiled at us both before walking out the door he came in from.

Now this so one of my favourite traditions. Annabeth smiled at me before walking out the back door.

Out the backdoor was a balcony since the building site on a hill. The stairs lead to another field surrounded by trees with a gazebo at the far end. Groups of people stood with their counsler. I scan the crowd for familiar faces. I looked at Annabeth, she stood at the edge of the deck by the stairs as 2 staff members with a microphone epppily called out: "Owls!"

Annabeth walked down the stairs and her counslers, Reyna A- (something. It's along name) and Frank Zhang.

The two counselors with the microphone looked at me. "Cabin?" one of them asked. "Wolves." I replied. She winked at me.

"Thats my favourite one." she said before turning with the microphone and yelling "WOLVES!"

I walked down the stairs and grinned as I saw Sam walk towards me. She had a green hijab wrapped around her head. Her eyes were the colour of redwood, dark yet light. She wore a green camp shirt She smiled at me.

She came over and hugged me. I resitsted the urge to tense and waited for her to pull back.

"Nice to see you again." San laughed. "Mallory a d Half-Born just came. Blitzen, and Hearth are already here and I believe they are both running separate activities. That leaves 2 campers left to wait for." She said, beginning to walk back towards the way she came.

As I follow her, I immediately spot my friends. It's hard not to. The first thing i spot is a mess of red hair. Whoever owned the hair was atop the shoulders of another person who was giant. When the giant turned, I spotted her pale face and green eyes with just the lightest splash of freckles. Mallory Keen.

And that meant the brunettes giant's shoulders she was on was Half-Born Gunderson's.

"BEANTOWN!" Mallory hollars, causing people to turn and look at her.

Magnus smiled as he looked at them. He never forgot th feeling of excitment and impatience when he met his friends again after a long school year.

Mallory jumped off of Half-Born before promptly kicking him in the shin. He laughed after rubbing his leg with a soft ow

Mallory just laughed and ran over.  "You made it! Half-Born got here about 20 minutes ago and TJ is on his way last I heard." She said. "I can't wait. This year we are totally winning the golden sw-"