-Chapter One- Caught and Sold

Roselyn hid behind the large crates on the docks. The smell of the sea wafted into her nose as she shivered. The night sky was star sprinkled and the sound of speaking could be heard.

"I swear I saw her." Said a gruff voice. "The red haired mortal. If this damned wind would stop I would be able to smell her out."

"I swear if this is another false alarm I am going to actually snap your neck." Growled back a lighter voice.

"I swear it this time it isn't a false alarm. I swear it, by the river of Styx I swear I am not telling a lie." The gruff voice argued back.

"You better or I won't have to kill you, that swear will." Said the softer voice back.

Roselyn straightened her posture as she listened. She turned around and crawled towards a hole in the building, her sparkling blue eyes with golden flecks scanned the area. That's when the dog came.

It's silky black coat bounced as it ran towards her, his dark red eyes looked at her like its next meal. She yelped as it sniffed her.

Hound of the mortal catcher.

She crawled faster but soon it snapped at her ankles. She cried out her soft voice breaking the silence of the night. The crashing of the waves had stopped. It jumped in her way blocking the entrance into the shipyard saloon.

"Leave me alone mutt." She cried. A moment later the dog began to bark louder and louder. She let out a cry as she got up and began to run. The dog was on her heel it's sharp blood stained teeth were bared.

She realized it wasn't going to actually touch her, whoever wanted her wanted her unharmed. She jumped over two boxes then tripped over a smaller third. She scrapped her knee and palms.

Tears welled up threatening to fall as the hell dwelling dog snapped its jaws on her rag clothing. She shuttered in her spot, the dogs strength was otherworldly. She let out another yelp as blood began to run down her knee. The maroon liquid beaded up leaving a streak down her pale leg.

Within seconds the mortal catcher stood over her, his orange eyes lit up with excitement. He wore a uniform made of velvet materiel, his dark hair under a hat with the letter M embroidered on the lid.

"You are defiantly the catch of the day. Little rose." He said in a singsong way. He kneeled down his hand caressing her cheek. He smiled and two fangs glistened in the moonlight.

He grabbed her leg lifting it up towards his face. He took a long time consuming sniff letting out a slight moan. He licked her wound as the hound panted holding her in her spot even though she struggled to stand.

"Devine really dear," He said with a chuckle. He took another lick then dropped her leg. "For something so beautiful your rag clothing distracts from that." He said snapping his finger, he stood up with graceful speed and posture. She looked up at him confused, her face was becoming tear stained.

Another minute went by, the sound of hooves on the pavement was heard as a two pitch black horse with mains of fire came into view. They were pulling a cage made of silver.

She began to struggle once again as she saw it. No no no. She thought in her head. If she was taken she would be sold off to the highest bidder, whatever bought her wouldn't be human.

As the horses came to a stop the vampire let out a laugh. "We have been searching for you for as long as you've been alive dead little rose. 18 years on this planet and only now have we found you. Tell you what, I won't tell anyone if you give me a kiss." He said as he turned back to her and kneeled. She spit in his face.