Chapter Two

Authors Note:

Also the story takes place in a modern time period. Their weaves, body con dresses, ect. I don't want anyone to say anything ignorant like no one owns slaves anymore. The slave business is just as active as the porn business.

Also if you have ever seen an African movie. You know that people still go and get water from the stream. No bottle water or anything. So please be realistic.

--//---

Emerald spent the rest of her day preparing Precious for the choosing cermony.

She bathe her, did her hair, her make-up, and even dressed her.

"My daughter you look gorgeous. The King would be a foolish man to tear his eyes away from you." Glory said entering Precious's room

"In deed he would be."

"Are you almost ready. I saw other girls already walking to the palace. " Glory said

"Almost mother. This stupid slave doesn't move fast enough can you believe she has put on my shoes yet. I am not even worried about her. I'll have hundreds of servants when I become Queen." Precious stated

"In deed you shall." Glory said with a bright smile

Precious looked up at Jasline who was putting on her necklace.

"Perhaps when I become Queen. I'll give you a place in the palace as a maid." Precious said

"That would be so kind of you." Emerald said swallowing the humiliation

"Kiss my rings as a thanks of my graciousness. " Precious said with a coy smile

Emerald held back her tears and kissed the rings on her hand.

Precious snatched it away "Enough! I don't need your awful smell on my hand."

She finshed puting on the rest of Precious jewelry. She bent down to put on her shoes.

"Go my daughter make me proud."  Glory said

Precious got up from the chair she was sitting on.  Precious attempted to gracefully walk out of the house, but it looked more like dog trying to walk on two legs.

"As for you!" Glory said with a look of disgust on her face "Go to the stream and fetch some water. After that cook a wonderful meal for my duaghter to eat when she comes back with the good news."

"Yes ma'am." Emerald said

She grabbed the bucket she used to fetch water and left for the stream.

>>>At The Choosing Cermony

Precious arrived at the cermony last. All the other maidens were there before her.

When she arrived the girls starred at Precious with looks of pure hate. Precious assumed it to me looks ofb envy.

None of the girls in the villiage could stand Precious or her mother Glory.

The only person they could stand from their family was Jasline, and she was a slave! But they like her cause she is friendly and nice. She helps anyone in need, almost like a mother to the whole community. 

For someone in her position you would think that she is anti-social and can't offer anyone a smile.

They couldn't stand Precious and her mother because they thought they were better than everbody, just because they had money and land. Precious is a snob and a whore to be quite honest.

The maidens wonder why Precious even comes to the choosing cermony. Tradition demands that you have to be a virgin to marry the King or Prince.

"My lord she could blind someone with all that jewelry she has on. Look at how short her dress is." Elizabeth whispered to her friend Jane