Chapter 4

The next day over breakfast, Arome was telling his mother about Emerald.

"You found a bride!" Arome's mother screamed happily

"Yes mama. "

"Who is she?! Have you seen her at a choosing cermony before."

"No mother. It's the first time I have ever seen her. She didn't even know she was talking to her King."

Arome's mother, Amethyst,  was puzzled. It is required by tradition, all maidens over the age of 18 attend the choosing cermony.

'Why didn't she know what Arome looked like. Everyone in the kingdom knows what the royal family  looks like. The palace has mothly parties, and everyone is invited to come.' Amethyst thought 

"But it is also a good thing she doesn't know I am. " Arome told his mother

"How so?" Amethyst asked

"She can know me for me, and not the crown on my head. I didn't tell her I was royalty." Arome explained

"I suppose so son...as long as marriage is promised in the end I support you. If you can get to know her and convince her to come to the choosing cermony in six months. I give you my blessing."

-----

Emerald woke up the next morning in pain. She got flogged with a belt when she arrived back home, and it wasn't because of the ring.

Flash Back

Enerald tried to sneak into the house without making alot of noise. She was suppose to have been back hours ago.

After the lady vansihed into tin air she began to panic. She didn't want to go home so she went back to the farm.

She stayed their for three hours until sleeping in the crops was no longer comfortable.

"There have you been slave?" Glory asked popping up out of no where

Emerlad jumped back in shock

"I-I went to the farm after going to the market."

Glory slapped Emerald with so much force  that it caused Emerald to stumple backwards.

"How dare you lie to my face you ratched bitch! You don't think I know you've been out with a boy. Precious  told me she saw you when she went out for a walk."

"N-n-no ma'am I-I haven't- "

"Oh so my daughter is a lier!" Glory yelled she began to flog Emerald with the belt

She contiuned to do it until her back was bleeding and she eventually passed out. She never even noticed the ring

End of Flash Back

Emerlad forced herself off the floor. She went to the supply closet. She got everything need to clean the blood off the floor.

She was on her knees scrubing the blood off the floor when Precious walked in.

"Where is my breakfast?" Precious asked looking around

"I just woke up, its not yet-" before Emrald could finish her sentence Precious sentence a sharp jab to her stomach

Emerald fell from her all four position. She grabbed her stomach, and began to painfully couch up blood.

"Have my food ready in twenty or else." Precious said sympathy lacking in her vioce

She strutted out of the room.

"Pure wickedness. She will get what is just. "

Emerald looked up, the lady from yesterday was in the room with her. She looked different. No longer in rags, but looked like a queen in all white and gold.