In The Canteen

Lorna sat down at the table, and put her phone in her blazer pocket. She shoved her hand in her backpack and pulled out a stick of Extra spearmint gum. She popped it into her mouth and zipped her bag back up.

Hannah looked up from her book, looked up at Lorna and exclaimed, looking both surprised and angry: 'What the hell have you done to your hair?'

'I dyed it last night. I was bored, and I couldn't sleep, so I went to Tesco and bought the dye.'

Hannah put her head in her hands and sighed. 'Lorna, you look like a Slush Puppy. You're definitely getting isolation for at least a week. You know how Smithy acts when he sees hair that's 'distracting!' Remember last month when that new girl Leah came in with an afro? She got excluded for a month! She's back tomorrow. You're in so much trouble!'

Just then, Lorna felt a hand clap her on the shoulder. She slowly turned around to see 'Alex! You little neek! You were listening, weren't you? You know Smithy's gonna kill me in form!'

Alex snorted, rolling her eyes at Lorna. 'Course I was. It's funny to prank you. Did you see my Snapchat story?'

Hannah gently punched Alex on the shoulder. 'Why the hell were you riding your sister's motorbike? You're fifteen!'

'So are you.'

Hannah looked exasperated and shook her hands at Alex. 'Yes, but I'm not riding a bloody motorbike around Aldi car park at half past three in the bloody morning on a school night!'

Alex's pocket buzzed and she pulled out her phone. 'Chantelle said she'll be here in a minute. Her brother's doing his hair, and she needs to brush her teeth. Tom's such an idiot. You'll never guess what he said on Friday night.

Lorna paused, her lipliner halfway to her lips. 'What? I bet it was something stupid.'

'He said: 'If you weren't so tall and fat, I'd fuck you.' I almost fucking died, I started choking by the swings. Yeah, we were at the park with Chantelle and my sister.'

Hannah raised an eyebrow and replied: 'Well what did you say back?'

'I told him if he ever said anything like that to me again, he'd be found by police dead in a ditch.'

Lorna put the lid back on her lipliner and looked up at Alex. 'Quite cocky for a Year Eight, isn't he? Also, sit down you idiot. There's enough chairs.'

Chantelle walked in through the huge metal doors and sat down next to Hannah. She pulled a banana out of her pocket, peeled it and began to eat it.

Alex sat down next to her and asked: 'Where's your brother? Scared to show his face around me, I bet.'

'Yeah, he is actually. I'm glad you did that Alex. He deserves to be scared.'

BBBBRRRRIIIINNNNGGGG!!!

The bell rang, and the girls got up from their seats, turned their phones off, put their various belongings in their backpacks, and set off to their different form rooms for PSHE.