Chapter 5

A/N: Heyo! This opening scene isn't from the game. You're probably like "Uh yeah. Just like everything in this story." but the truth is there actually is a scene from the game in chapter two. And there will be more to come. I just wanted to save those for when your character comes back into play. Alright, that's all for now. See ya at the end! (Art credit goes to Zerochan)

Connor's POV

Present Day

Connor and the Lieutenant arrived at the crime scene. Digital police tape blocked civilians from entering. As soon as the two of them walked inside moldy house they immediately show the flipped chairs and table. Connor scanned the room to see there were multiple clues to help the investigation. The first thing he analyzed was the pile of red ice on the coffee table next to an empty bottle of beer.

"Red Ice. Looks like our friend liked to party." The lieutenant scoffed.

"There's more in the laundry detergent!" One of the other investigators called out from the laundry room.

Connor continued to search the house. When he was done scanning the first floor, he made his way up the creaking wooden steps. He looked to his left to see the victim's room. Nothing was out of place other than an open draw in their nightstand. Connor sauntered towards the last room to the right where the victim's body was discovered. A little girl's room.

There were obvious signs of a struggle. From the knocked over shelf and traces of thiuram all over the walls and floor to the busted window and dead body.

ANALYZATION COMPLETE

DECEASED

Name: Williams, Todd

Born: 9/21/1995 Died: 11/5/2038

Connor stepped back as he reconstructed what happened. The android walked into the room holding a gun; pointing it at Todd. A little girl laid on the ground scrunched up behind him. Todd then took his belt off and inched closer to the android. The rest of the reconstruction was the two of them fighting. It resulted in the android getting tackled and pulling the trigger. Once the android was free from his lifeless body she reached out for the little girl.

Connor snapped back to reality and went to the end of the hallway. Once again he reconstructed to see the two, hand in hand, hurry down the hall while looking back in fear. The android unlocked all the locks and swung the door open. Connor followed their movements out the door to see there is a nearby bus stop.

"Connor! The fuck are you doing?" The Lieutenant yelled at him from inside.

"I think I know what happened, Lieutenant." Connor claimed still staring at the bus stop.

"Here we go with this bullshit again. Well get in here and tell me." The Lieutenant groaned.

Connor turned back to the door and followed the Lieutenant in. The two of them stood in the middle of the kitchen and went over the evidence that Connor had discovered. "Okay, so they took a bus. That doesn't tell us where they could have gotten off." The Lieutenant crossed his arms.

"We can extract the bus's stops schedule and check around each location." Connor suggested.

"You might be onto something there, Connor. Laurence! Can we get a trace on the bus that stops out there around the time 9:04 and 9:40?" The Lieutenant called out to one of the other investigators on sights.

"Sure thing!" He responded and walked out the front door.

"Meanwhile we need to go back to the office and review the rest of the fuckin' files." The Lieutenant growled.