♡ IT BEGINS ♡

I'm the first person to walk into work today... which is probably a good thing seeing as I'm one of the owners of this place. This place you ask? It's called Pink's. We basically specialize in the things people love the most about Valentine's Day; Sweets, Flowers, etc. etc.

I opened this store two years ago on my own. It wasn't at all like it was today. I just sold some macaroons (my specialty) and flowers (my other specialty... I'm pretty special). But it wasn't really what I wanted to do, I mean I'm in art school, I want to create... well art! So I did my research and find the perfect team.

First I met Valerie, she is a baking master. She makes the most beautiful cakes, cupcakes and cookies! I think she even was listed as "best up coming bakery" in a magazine! She is the oldest out of all of us and is usually who keeps us on the track and helps take care of the money stuff we don't really understand.

Then I met, Julie. She is a total vegan baddie and I love it. She specializes in vegan goods, making sure we use cruelty free products, and we work in the green house together (or she works and I try my best). She keeps us positive and can find the good in any situation.

Finally I met Tiffany. What. A. Bean. She specializes in arranging Flowers and arranging the baked goods. She has such an attention to detail and I knew I needed her.

And then we have little old me, Camryn. Like I said before, I'm the boss. Any job that wasn't listed above is basically mine. But I pride myself in crafting all kinds of cute decorations, art, Pinks Merch, and so many other things. I'm blessed that my store... our store has been able to become so popular and famous for our area and that I have such amazing friends to help keep this dream alive.

So that's the story of Pinks, a little boring I know but eh whatever. So little did I know today was gonna be the most insane day of my life that would spark the most insane month of my life which would the light the inferno that is the most insane year of my life.

I start taking flowers out of the cooler to give to Tiffany to arrange. I decide today's theme will be orange. Orange food and Flowers. I write that on the chalk board in the back of the room and I draw a small orange with a smiley face. We basically come up with themes every day for what we sell. It used to be hard to catch up with but I show up two hours early to get it prepared so we can get everything ready before opening. Although it's easy to show up early since I live in the apartment above Pinks.

"Hello Sunshine!" Julie says walking in to the store.

"Morning Jules!! Today's theme is orange! What are you thinking of doing?" I ask. She grabs an apron from the back of the door and thinks. Her eyes then light up.

"Vegan Orange Biscotti!" She says and I clap my hands together.

"Omg love that." I say and she nods excitedly. She runs into the kitchen and I hear pots and pans rustle in the back. Next walks in Val who's on the phone.

"Oh hi Va-"

She shushes me and I wait a moment for her to be finished and then say Hi.

"Hi Cammy, guess who just got us booked for a wedding in three months. Me it's me. It's obviously me." She laughs.

"Proud of you." I say with a laugh, I then point to the chalk board. She nods and bites her lip.

"I think I have an idea." She says.

"Putting orange zest on top of all of our classic desserts is not orange themed."

"Shit." She whispers. "Hmmmm... GOT IT! Creamsicle cupcakes!"

"There you go, I knew you could do it!!" I exclaim she rolls her eyes but smiles.

"Thanks mom." She groans jokingly before joining Julie in the kitchen. I follow them and grab my orange macaroons out of the oven. I begin to place them in the displace case when I see Tiffany run into the store.