The day they met

Zayn was in panther form, enjoying the golden rays of the sun and the bark lazing the day away in the peaceful forest. He suddenly fell off the tree after a bunch of birds took flight from around the forest and he didn't have to wait long for the source to show up a short young mousy female was chatting the ear off of the older one who looked at the path ahead begging to take an off "hmm" Zayn mused as he watched from where he perched after his fall from the original branch. He hissed a little annoyed that they disturbed his lazy day off but also curious he decided to scare them before introducing himself he stalked off from where he was and started his hunt on him he let his tail swing to make sure they knew he was there the older one noticed right away and called out

   "hey is anyone there?" trying to sound friendly but can't quite hide the fear from her voice at least not to his ears. While the younger mousey one hid behind her. He thought about showing himself briefly tone before she called again "Come on, come on out you're not fooling anyone!"

the second one whimpered causing the older one to quickly whisper to her. "It's fine just some kids trying to spook us." the tone she used causing him to winder if it was a little sister or friend of hers. Deciding he was bored of staying in the shadows he pounces at them the sets back on his hunches and licks his front right paw his tail and ears twitching and flicking respectively. She in a moment of panic grabs the young one quickly says "stay behind me and be still" and shifts into a full kangaroo form and got into a defensive position that also allowed her to attack quickly.

Zayn thinking this was amusing smirked in his cat form decided to be dramatic making shadows swarm him and leave him when he almost fully shifted to his human form leaving his cat ears and his tail out. "Hello I'm Zayn." he bow's a little sarcastically "and you two are?" he says politely he then gets into a sassy position with his hip cocked and his right hand resting on it.

The kangaroo cocks her head surprised and the other one looks from behind the kangaroo and seeing the major hesitant she also shifts back but still looks wary. "Hi I'm Riley and that Jaslynn my practically little sister were not blood related but we're close as sisters it counts " she says moving so I could see the other girl better also trying to regain her friendly tone again. "Your a shifter? Where did you come from? I don't think I've seen you around before?" she said curiously but trying to pass it off as passive crossing her arms and tilting her head.

Zayn still smirking like the Cheshire cat "well that's because I don't shift a lot I work most days at the library and I do have a human life to take care of. And even though you don't see me I see you. Your usually to busy to notice me with your nose in a book." he relaxes and become more friendly-looking. "And yes I am a shifter though the term for me is a were panther I'm guessing both of you are shifters as well?" as he becomes more interested in the conversation a small light enters his normally cold eyes. She chuckles hearing the term "i guess that makes me a were-kangaroo I work at the hotel on the north end of the village near here." she shifts a little and hns in a thinking way and continues on to say "I don't shift a lot too much hassle people might see and you know how they are." he nods because he does know if your not in a were-specific town you might as well skip town if normals saw you to avoid the humiliation and that's why you might walk past a shifter and never know.

   She then notices his cat ears and tail. He smiles trying to be at least friendly since she's been trying so hard to be "yeah real annoying if you ask me and i noticed you seem curious about my ears and tails well i call it my neko form I half transform so this is all that comes out. That remind me what you doing all the way out here I thought you'd be in a safari since I heard the actual animals love it out there. Zayn then makes a shadow seat and he spreads elegantly across it. It looks like a shadow cast onto the ground but it obviously wasn't he she nods looking a little surprised about him showing off his powers but continues to say "I'm a little out of my element" she shrugs "but home is where the heart is and the village is a lot safer to live in than the wild" she the shrugs again with Jaslynn relaxing a little more and starts to look intrigued he guessed at his shadow powers.

"I guess specially when you have a little one you look so fond of to protect" he waves a dismissive hands towards Jaslynn "it is tiring to be in human form all the time i love to run in my panther form it's much faster and freedom feeling and a whole lot more comfortable to." he studies them and chuckles over the thought that Jaslynn looks like Riley's shadow. She smiles a sarcastic smile I wanna say and says "well I guess if I had a more practical form i would shift a whole more to but I have big legs, small arms, and a giant tail now point me towards a wide-open plain and I'm gone" she chuckles finishing her sentence. I nod understanding my ears pick up the sound of a friend of my coming closer

"hey Cryro come here for a sec" he comes out looking at me to make sure it's safe as soon as I nod the small fennec fox kit comes and jumps on my lap and cuddling into my warmth. Fleetingly looking a the two girls and before they can ask Zayn quickly says "this is Cryro no this is not a shifter just a fennec fox i saved a couple weeks ago when another animal murdered his parents and he isn't going back to the wild till I say so." he pets the kit warmly almost protectively he looks again briefly when riley awws and says people can be cruel he just hums in agreement.

She continues on to say "remind me of my dog sherlock We found him abandoned in a wooden box on the side of the road. Apparently he was thrown out of a dogfighting ring because he wouldn't fight. We ended up tracking down and busting the people running the ring with the help of his collar." She chuckled at the memory. "And that's why we call him Sherlock. He helped solve the crime." She smiled, looking up at the stars as well. Man, it was getting dark fast. "We should probably get going. Our family is going to be upset if we're not back by 9:00." She said, turning back towards the village.

The lights in the nearby windows began to flicker on one by one. He nods agreeing "okay I'll see you later" he shifts into full panther form and disappears from her view then taking a back way from the area they were in to get to the bad part of town feeling a little embarrassed from where he lives getting closer to his house he shifts into full human form and gives a friendly wave to everyone he passes by since this is were all the shifters live and heads up to the apartment above the bar and goes to bed forgetting to make and eat dinner.

(Picture above is Zayn in halfway form)

(this is Cryro)

(this is Cryro)