The day they fell in love

Zayn yawned rubbing his eyes heading off to the library after school he grumbled a little as he complained in his head about school it was just tons and tons of boring and hard work and it the torture doesn't stop once school ends he sighs heading into library he quietly says hi to the head librarian as he clocks in. taking a just awaken cryro out of his pocket he set the kit down everybody knew him now and just let cryro stick around he didn't do any damage so not even the head librarian got mad at him.

    Heading back to the circulation desk he sees Riley for a minute he thought about going to talk to her but he noticed that she had a textbook out so he just struck up a conversation with the head librarian about her precious new books she got in today and that i might have to stock if the new person doesn't come on time. Noticing Riley coming over he politely and unsarcastically (sadly) excused himself from the conversation. 

   "Hey." She said casually once she got close enough to talk without the librarian overhearing. "So you do work here. Guess I should just pay more attention to people."he nodded again "yeah i mean i do always see you with your head in a book be it school related or otherwise." he smiles She sighed in exasperation, rolling her eyes. "You know teachers. They hammer schoolwork into your head so hard it just goes in one ear and out the other. So they give us homework. "Yeah very true i have to agree when school wants to judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree then its ability to swim so they give you tons and tons of homework. She chuckles a little "unusual analogue but i guess you're right." he chuckles as well "my dad used to say that a lot he had a bunch of unusual or weird sayings" 

   Getting quickly distracted as cryro Pat at his pants leg. He picked cryro up and held him protectively while petting him softly Riley quietly squealed about how adorable cryro is Zayn completely softens petting the fox and agrees "he really is." Riley goes on to explain about her animal situation "we go all sorts of animals around our house.mostly because my grandmother feeds them stale bread. We've got, lets see, a trillion birds possums sometimes, raccoons we try not to feed them, two cats and three dogs. It's a lot but more the merrier , am i right" she says quickly counting off her fingers and like an afterthought she finishes with "and we got a Jaslynn to." Zayn jokes as he continues to smile softly "hey raccoons are smart maybe they'll get the hint." she chuckles and jokes back "I doubt it i mean there intelligence is the reason there so hard to get rid off." she said being a little to loud making the head librarian come over and snap at her "This is a library young lady people are trying to read and they don't need any interruptions" she snapped a bit harsher at the end of her sentence. Zayn cuts in "I'm sorry ma'am if you want i'll clock out and we can take it elsewhere" he says being his polite self with Riley doing the puppy dog eyes the librarian just does a nod and a dismissive hand wave. Zayn quickly clocks out and walks with Riley to her desk and as they walk out he puts cryro in his bed pocket in his hoodie. 

   Heading from the quiet library to the outside village disoriented him a bit since the village while small was also very loud and bustling. She agrees "no kidding huh?" she also shrinks a little and he starts subconsciously walking down the quieter and less traffic roads "so what now?" he shrugs "eh let's stay away from the school topic though that's hard enough with eight hours everyday." she nods agreeing "soooo what's your favorite things to do?" she finishes off lamely he thinks for a minute "Well i like to run, read, bake, and eat the mistakes." "Run?" she asks surprised. "Yeah it just gives me a sense of freedom i guess? He shrugs "i know how you feel" she says "it feels like forever since i was able to go all out shifting and running or in my case hopping" they laugh "do i have an unusual shift or something?" she asks a little seeing the way his face flashes with a undecided emotions "no." he replies "i know a bunch of shifters there's chameleons, crocodiles, and a bunch of others to like butterflies there are were butterflies." she looks shocked for a second "how do you know so many shifters is there like a club i can join?" well it's not exactly a club but if you want i know a place." Riley gasps "you mean there really is a place?" She asked, having half expected him to just laugh at the absurdity of the idea. The village was more run-down and quiet here, and she recognized it as what the people called the "Dark side" of the village. It was a pretty small village, but there was still a "wrong side of the tracks" to be on. He nodded and stopped suddenly. Riley stopped a little ways behind him, curiosity and caution in her eyes. He opened a door leading to an old-fashioned looking restaurant and her eyes widened with amazement.