Story of my life

"I promise to return," the smaller girl grinned, tears brimmed in her eyes that were as green as limes.

"You promised, and you'll keep it," the small girl replied.

"Hey, you'll know it's me, and I'll always know it's you when I return," the taller woman said. She glanced around the room, her dark skin and hair was gorgeous in the summer sun, and her rare sapphire eyes enchanting.

"I know it's just I'll miss you Ruki," the small, curly haired woman sighed. Her skin pale in contrast to the woman she called Ruki.

"Sara, it'll only be a month, I'll be home and with you before you know it."

Sara nodded slowly.

A car pulled up to the driveway, and honked twice. Ruki swiftly leaned forward, pressing her soft lips onto Sara's. Her arms trapped her Norwegian lover close to her chest, and she blessed her Egyptian heritage. She knew she was blessing but the dark color of her skin covers it nicely. Meanwhile, Sara was the definition of the color red.

The car honked again.

"I'll call you when I get on the plane and when I get off," Ruki smiled softly, reaching down she offered a kiss on Sara's forehead, then turned pulling her suitcase along with her,

"Give me hope that you won't lose the love I've spent, that I won't receive you home broken and lost..." Sara spoke softly. Knowing that Ruki wouldn't be able to hear.

"I'll protect my heart, and I refuse to let myself be caged," Ruki spoke out quietly. Her voice was effective in giving herself confidence. She was going to her homeland, she needed to keep herself upbeat, so she could learn all she can and bring it home to share with her lover.

"It will only be a month," the two spoke in unknown unison.

Ruki sat in the car. Sara stood near the maple door of the home she shared with Ruki. They both were going through their thoughts. Sara was terrified, she hadn't been without Ruki for so long since they first had gotten together, the longest being a couple of days, nor a month. Ruki was confident, knowing she would always be thinking of Sara, and she'd never worry about being alone because her little flower would only a phone call away. The true question was would they last through a month of stress and fear apart, or would one break. 

After all, Ruki can only hold so much before she would freeze.

In this story of her life.