Prologue

June 27th, 2016.
Long Beach, California.

Arriving home, Janelle had gotten out of work early and had decided to make a romantic dinner for her and her high school sweetheart, Esteban, because he worked night shifts.

Walking into the kitchen, she placed the groceries she had bought, checking her phone to see she had a few text messages, one standing out which she knew she had to reply to but she was eager to surprise Esteban.

Walking upstairs, she smiled from ear to ear excited, but reaching one more step, she heard laughter coming from their room and a strange smell she couldn't pick up on.

The door was slightly opened and she watched her boyfriend laugh and grab from another hand what seemed to be a blunt, taking a drag from it and blowing the smoke into the air.

Infuriated, she opened the door and stood there shocked to see who the other hand belonged to.

Covering in her duvet with clothes scattered around her bed, she watched her own best friend and boyfriend as they sat their shocked.

"Are you serious right now," Janelle asked angrily as she watched her boyfriend get out of the bed and hurriedly put on some boxers," aren't you supposed to be resting, hm?"

"Baby, I didn't know you were gonna be home so early," he said as he hurriedly walked over to me.

"Yeah, I'm glad I did, to see esta Cerda asquerosa on our bed, y tu tambien, imbecil," she said, shoving him and looking at the person she thought was her best friend," if I were you, I'd be leaving porque si no te voy a romper el hocico."

Looking back at Esteban, tears began to well up in her eyes," is this what you do while I'm gone? Fuck my best friend? How long has this been going for?"

Watching him glance at Gina, she nodded her head, looking back at Janelle as he began to speak," it's been going on for around 3 years."

Feeling her heart drop to her stomach, she glanced at Gina who stood there with a frown on her face but Janelle couldn't contain it anymore. Walking over to her, she slapped her on the face, watching her stumble back as she looked at her with so much anger.

"And you, you were supposed to be my best friend, pero ya miro que no puedes tener tus piernas ceradas," she said to her and looked back to Esteban," don't worry, your little whore can stay, I'm leaving."

"Where are you going," he asked as she walked into her closet, grabbing one of the suitcase. "Stop pretending you care," Janelle said as she began to throw clothes into the luggage," and plus, why would I even tell you? Tell that little puta she can stay once I leave."

She didn't care about how messy her luggage looked but she knew she had to make a few necessities fit into it.

Her and her boyfriend had been dating since sophomore year of high school and she was now a junior in college. They had been through a lot together and she had planned on marrying him but it hurt her that she was led on to think that he wanted the same thing.

Tears rolled down her cheek as she managed to close her first luggage, knowing she needed a second one to fit in the rest of her belongings.

She felt like everything inside her broke, it was almost as if everything inside her went cold. She couldn't believe it still even if she had witnessed it herself, it's almost as if she was in denial of it. She had loved these two people since she meet them but knowing that they were capable of doing something like this to her proved she was of little interest to them.

But she knew what had to be done, no matter how much it would hurt her, she knew she couldn't love him anymore and she couldn't be friends with someone who slept with their best friends boyfriend.

She knew she had to finish off her life without them and no matter how difficult it would be to move on from them, it had to be done.