Chapter 13: Feelings That Matter

"Would you go out with me?!"

These words were something which I never expected her to say. . .

My reaction?

I'm pretty sure that I looked like a ripe, juicy tomato burning on the sidewalk with crimson, whiskered cheeks. . . not that I cared. And yes, this was the most accurate description.

I was more worried about the reply which I was going to give her, like what the hell should be my answer?

You know those moments when you completely blank out and then just end up looking weird because you haven't shown any sign that you're alive since you don't know what to say?

Yup. That was me right now.

I was not only embarrassed, but at the same time was extremely nervous. Does that go hand-in-hand? Not in my case; that is: until now- and all the times I've been with her.

Zillion thoughts and possibilities were running in my head, unanswered questions and doubts clouded my mind; my heart had suddenly started to beat to a point where all the sounds around me had completely muted and all I could hear was my heartbeat.

Current state- nervousness combined with embarrassment, fear and not to mention hell lot of weirdness.

"Going out": a phase which a individual uses to imply that he/she is romantically involved with another person and wants to go on dates.

Yes. I admit- I did use urban dictionary when I came across this while reading Icha Icha recently which is why I remember this exactly.

But it ain't important how I came to know, what's important is the fact that the girl with spectacles has feelings towards 'me'?

Surely I did help her out from her antisocial self, but, that was only as a friend; I never did any of that because I was 'interested' in her romantically.

I'm a million percent sure that if I was interested in her or pretty much any other girl, I would have confessed right away. I ain't one of those dense or shy guys who secretly likes a person and takes time to understand his own feelings.

wait. . . I'm not, right?

I need a moment.

Do I have feelings for the girl with spectacles?

I won't deny the fact that I do like being in her company, but. . . how does that make her anything different from a friend?

I don't know since how long I've been blankly staring at the girl with spectacles who had asked me to go on a date with her right on the busy streets of Konoha: with the cars honking desperately and people pushing each other to escape from the huge crowd as the traffic lights blinked rapidly. Despite the ruckus going on around me, everything was silent, time seemed to have simply frozen.