Chapter 14 - Earth to idiots!?

The rest of the day was spent looking around the town. Dawson and I were given a lesson on the town history. I learnt a lot: like how the town was called "Libertas" (Which meant freedom In Latin) We also learnt that the town had been here for many centuries; Dawson and I were only the third 'Amorans' that had ever been here; and everyone in the town could speak over 3 languages, including English, Latin and French.

It was quite educational really. I was beginning to like it here. The people were kind, yet they weren't 'in your face' kind. Unlike in Amora town, where Dawson and I got swamped in gifts and greetings every time we left the school. I'm not complaining really,

I just wish I could go for a walk without someone offering to carry my friggin' bag. I guess I am complaining... God, I sound like a spoiled brat.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you all zoned out in deep thought."

"I'm just... tired. Yeh that's it, I'm tired."

"Whatever you say." Dawson said, quite sarcastically.

Anthony had left Dawson and I to relax for a bit. So we found a tree and sat down by it. We had been sitting there in silence for about 45 minuets, till just then. I don't know why I didn't tell Dawson about what I was thinking about. I guess I just knew how he would react. He'd say 'Lizzie, be grateful for these people, they treat us like we are their own. So what if you don't get time to "yourself", at least you get gifts.' I shook it from my mind.

"Dawson?"

"Yes my little Lizzie."

"Are you nervous around the Humans?"

"Nope. It's scary that I'm not. As soon as we got here I just felt relaxed. There are just so unlike how they are portrayed by the elders. It just makes me wonder... are the Amora elders lying to us on purpose, or do they generally not know." Dawson shuffled closer to me. "What about you?"

"I'm exactly the same as you! I feel as though we should be frightened... but we don't have to be." I gulped loudly, choosing my next words carefully. "If the older 'Amorans' have been lying about Anthony's parents, then what else have they been lying about."

Dawson nodded in agreement. He didn't say anything for a while. He just wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him, with his head rested on top of mine. When he finally spoke, his words were hushed. "I'm not looking forwards to finding that out."

It took me a moment to work out what he meant. Then I realised he was referring to my statement about the elders.

"Do you think we should go back now?" Although he was suggesting it, he didn't sound like he really wanted to.

"I'm sure they can last without us for another..." I grabbed Dawson's wrist so I could see his watch. "...ten minuets or so."

A sigh of relief left Dawson's body.

"This is nice."

"Mmm huumm." Dawson mumbled against my head.

At this moment in time, I took the chance to kiss Dawson. It was a small but sweet kiss to his lips, like a quick peck. Yet it held many words I could not say. Words that I wanted to say, but could never quite tell him.

In return, he smiled. A real sweet genuine smile. A smile that had be absent form his face for a long time. A smile that made me melt in happiness. A smile that made me smile.

I realised then. All those words that I needed to say, I also needed to hear. I needed to hear them from him, and he needed to hear them from me. The thought made my cheast ache. I needed him. I wanted him. And daymn, I was going to get him.