rennaissance romance

I storm through the crowded hallway with my arms tightly crossed over my Chemistry books

I storm through the crowded hallway with my arms tightly crossed over my Chemistry books. I hate being angry all the time, it really stresses me out. Also, being a petite girl, I'm not built for anger. It makes me look like Grumpy the dwarf from Snow White.

I'm just done with being a pawn in the Archibald power games. Nate might be fine with letting them walk all over him but I'm sure not.

I stop outside Mr Piezer's classroom and look in at the balding man sitting through paper.

Seeing my Chem teacher poised over two dozen fresh and definitely deathly boring assignments makes I realise I have to leave.

I turn to Celia.

'I'm ditching,' I say, swinging my bag off of my shoulder and putting my chem books away.

'What?'

'I'm sorry, Cel, I need some time to think alone,' I explain. 'I'm in crisis mode and I can't concentrate on chemistry now.'

'I get it,' she says after a minute of looking miffed. 'Deal with your emotional rollercoaster.'

'I love you,' I say, kissing her on the cheek. 'See you at yours later.'

Celia nods and I scurry down the hallway towards the large gates of Constance.

(ཿཿཿ)

I sit on the steps of the Met wondering what to do. I thought I needed to think but I realise thinking about everything makes me even more depressed. I need to keep my mind off it. Desperately.

I scroll through Gossip Girl on my phone, wondering if other people bad-mouthing each other will bring me comfort. I click on the spotted map by accident and it brings me to a page with the map of New York that has a few faces dotted all over it. I'm about to click back when I see Carter's. He's at the Met.

I stand up and turn around to face the museum, wondering whether I should go in. It's either depressing myself by thinking about my parents or Carter Baizen. The answer was obvious when I put it that way.

Renaissance art it is then!

I wonder what Carter's doing in the Met anyway. Since he's been away rebelling from his family, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be going to see old art.

I look around at the paintings kind of bored and I'm about to leave when I see him standing with a much older guy. I don't notice it's him at first because he looks so different. Clean shaven, hair combed but most surprisingly, wearing a black tuxedo. His disheveled hippy clothes are gone, his traveler look replaced with classic UESS — Upper East Side Suave.