Chapter Two

I could imagine it now, I could sense it. The fear rising in my heart knowing farewell they would be coming after Furiosa, his wives and me.

⛓•⛓•⛓

War was declared after Immortan Joe discovered his prized breeders been taken by his Imperator. Drums pounded an adrenaline rushing tune as people rushed to and fro. Cars and vehicles of all kinds revved their powerful engines. Warboys raced towards a giant alter, grabbing their precious steering wheels, no two were alike, each special and unique. A Warboy hitched up to a blood bag (an imprisoned blood donor) looked around, hearing the beating drum. he tried to get someones' attention but they all rushed by him in a crazed frenzy, even his partner didn't answer him as they marched by until a different Warboy passed by and told him what was going on. The weak Warboy grabbed the wheel his partner held, "That's my wheel," he said, "You're my lancer." but his friend tried to take it out of his hands, "I just promoted myself," He spoke, "Look at you, if you can't stand, you can't do war!"

After a moment, followed by the weak Warboy giving the other a headbutt, they agreed on hitching the sick Warboy's blood bag to his car.

Everyone one drove in a large group, some passing others. Immortan Joe was in the front driving his car called the Gigahorse. They were all wild, crazy, raging with testosterone; crying out war as they shot colored flare signals into the sky.

Ace saw the signal and rushed to his boss. He banged onto the sunroof before it opened.

Ace: We got vehicles from the Citadel. They're firing flares. They want reinforcement from Gas Town and the Bullet Farm. What is this, back up? decoy?

Furiosa shifted her eyes back to the road from her side mirror, "It's a detour" she said shifting gears. Furiosa looked around, "Eye's right!" she called from inside the cab. The Warboys complied and looked, spotting scavengers in spiked cars, they were called Buzzards.

Ace: Should we turn around and run it into our back up?

The head Warboy was now at Furiosa's car window, "No," she replied, "We fang it." before blowing her horn twice.

⛓•⛓•⛓

Tears left my eyes as me and the other wives sat in hiding in the tanker of the War-Rig, one of the women comforted me as much as possible while the lead, most prized, wife made her way to Furiosa. but we began to get thrown around, something was happening outside. I didn't know what was going on, it was dark and we couldn't breathe that much down here.

⛓•⛓•⛓

The giant party of ragging vehicles wasn't far behind now, and neither was the sick Warboy's car. The hitched up blood bag was tied to a post at the front of the car, having to experience sand and dirt flying into his face and skin. "She's our's Slit! She's ours!" declared the sick Warboy, his name was Nux. Slit, his lancer,  stood at the back of the silver beetle car, "First we get the Buzzards off her back." he ordered. Now caught up with the War-rig, Slit grabbed a grenade pike, and threw it, like you would a spear, at the buzzard car ahead. The blood bag attached to the front jumped, as it whizzed just past his head, "That's my head!" he called out in anger, but Slit didn't listen as he grabbed another pike.

⛓•⛓•⛓

"Capable, what's going on out there?" I asked the red-headed wife that held me, "I don't know, we have to wait till Angharad gets back," sighed the woman. I lay my head against her chest, all of the worryings made me so tired, and so I drifted into a deep dreamless sleep. Little did I know what was to come, as Furiosa drove fast ahead of Immortan Joe. Straight into a raging Sandstorm.

Several hours later~
I awoke to find my self-resting in the leather seat of the cab of the truck. With a loud grumble I stretched my legs and stood up to look out the window. It was bright, sunny, and nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. I opened the door and carefully climbed down, my white dress moving with me. I spotted Cheeto, Angharad, Toast, The Dag, and Furiosa all standing outside. One of the wives had turned on the water hose, while the another began to cut off their chastity belts. Immortan Joe forced them to wear one, all of them, except for me, who was too little according to Miss Giddy and she somehow convinced the Immortan not to.

The wives busied themselves with the water, while I played in the sand with my hands. Furiosa began to sweep and bang on the War-rig to get the dust off of it.

A loud thud got everyone's attention, and we all looked up. There, not too far from us, stood a man. He had thrown down a broken car door that made us look at him. He dropped the body he had across his shoulders. Then he held up a gun, a sawed-off double barrel shotgun, and pulled at the chain that connected to the muzzle-like mask he wore.

Furiosa turned looking at him, she then motion for me to get into the truck. I peeked out the window. What was going to happen?