Warmer Weather

It was finally getting warmer in Avonlea. The last day of school was close and summer was to arrive. Anne didn't mind that much because it gave her more time to explore new places, which she often did. But if Anne was completely honest, she would prefer to be in school. She loved learning. She loved reading. She loved competing if anything. Her urge to be the at the top of the class has gotten her in quite some trouble this past year.

      Anne woke up to the sun shining through her curtains. Although the view was lovely, Anne would've loved to sleep in for a bit longer.

      She sat up and let her feet fall to the ground as she slowly got out of bed. Anne walked over to the window before she did anything that morning. The gentle wind moved the tree's leaves back and forth while the warm sun was shining on Anne. She admired the pretty picture before snapping out of it and getting dressed.

     Once she braided her now shoulder length hair, she jogged down the stairs to greet Marilla and Matthew. Matthew was sitting at the table while Marilla was fixing up breakfast.

Anne came strutting into the kitchen with a confident vibe. "Hello, Marilla. Hello Matthew."

"Good morning Anne." Marilla said as Matthew silently nodded once to return the greeting. He was never much a talker at all.

"Isn't it just the most lovely day?" Anne asked as she sat across from Matthew at the table.

"Why, I guess it is." Marilla admitted as she looked out the small window. She severed breakfast to all of them and sat down as a complete family.

Anne ate her food quickly because she was excited to meet up with bosom friend Diana. They always met up and walked to school together. Once she finished, she got up and cleaned her plate. After that, she ran up the stairs to grab her books.

Marilla looked at Matthew and softly chuckled at her adopted daughter's actions. This past year she softened up because of Anne. Anne brought this joy and loving feeling to the house. The Cuthberts can hardly remember life without her.

Once Anne put on her boots and hat she gave a quick goodbye and headed out. My god. It sure was a beautiful day. The sun was perfectly warm and the light breeze was cool and refreshing.

Anne ran faster once she saw Diana. They ran to each other, exchanging their usual hugs.

"Hello Anne!" Diana squealed, obviously excited to see her dear friend. The girls talked and talked the whole way to school. But stopped in their tracks when they heard a familiar voice calling out their names. Who could it be? Oh, it was the one and only... Gilbert Blythe.

A/N: Hey sisters! or brothers- I hope you loved the first chapter! SORRY IF IT WAS SUPER SHORT. I will be updating this story frequently, so no need to worry loves.
xoxo -gossip girl

ALSO SORRY IF I MESSED UP ANY WORDS OR GRAMMAR