Dinner

Marilla came home to home to Anne still helping out Gilbert. She gasped, put down her hat, and quickly walked over to both of them once she saw the blood.

  "My god child! What happened?" Marilla asked with a concerned expression on her face.

  "Nothing- just a little fight." Gilbert responded with a smirk on his face. He was acting like nothing was happening. Like it was normal.

"A fight? What on earth was the fight about?" She asked.

Gilbert looked up at Anne and received a glare from her. So he took the hint and lied. "Ah, it was self-defense- from this kid at school." He didn't want to admit he started it. But Billy was going to hurt Anne. He had to something.

"Well, are you alright?" Marilla was starting to calm down.

"Yes, I'm fine." He sort of chuckled to himself but then furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Why didn't Anne want to tell Marilla that Billy was going to hurt her?

"Alright then. I'll start supper." Marilla walked back to the kitchen and started to peel some potatoes.

"why-" Gilbert whispered but Anne interrupted him.

"Shhhh- I don't want her input. It would become too problematic on a topic that wasn't that important." She whispered back

"Not important?! He was about to hurt you, Anne." Gilbert clenched his jaw in anger.

   "You don't know that." She snapped back with anger in her eyes. Almost as fiery as her hair. "I could've fought back. Maybe he wasn't going to strike me. Or push me. You. Don't. Know." She rolled eyes.

   "Well, whatever he was going to do... you would've have done nothing. Because you were standing there. Frozen." He scoffed. Why couldn't she just let him help her? Shouldn't she be thanking him?

Anne got supper mad then and ignored him. He was being completely rude. She could've handled herself. Right? Ugh. He was so annoying.

Moments passed by of them awkwardly not talking to each other. Sometimes they found themselves looking at each other and ending up making eye contact.

Gilbert starting talking again. "Can't you just thank me?" He asked.

Anne opened her mouth to say something. She tried to look for some rude comeback, but she couldn't. He was right, and she hated being wrong. "Thank you."

"Hmmm." He raised an eyebrow knowing he was right.

"Oh hush." She rolled her eyes but couldn't help laughing. Which made Gilbert laugh as well.

Dinner was finally served and Marilla called Matthew in from the barn. The four of them sat at the table together and Marilla started the conversation.

  "How's Bash and Mary?" she asked.

   "Great! They're both so happy together." He smiles and glanced at Anne for a second to read her expression. She wasn't looking at him, unfortunately. "Also the food is magnificent Marilla." He added.

  He had such a charming way of words, Marilla became bashful. "Well, how kind of you." She smiled then looked at Anne. She was being quiet.

   Gilbert looked at Anne again and wondered if she was thinking about the Billy incident. Why wouldn't she tell Marilla? He didn't understand. That poor girl.

-

  After dinner, Anne walked Gilbert out. "Hey, I'm sorry for arguing with you." He apologized.

   "No I'm sorry for exploding on you, you were right." She giggled feeling embarrassed.

  "That's alright Anne." He smiled thinking her giggle was adorable. But he would never admit that. Anne didn't like him like that.

  She smiled back. "I'll see you tomorrow."

  "See you Anne." He waved and started to walk home.

   Anne closed the door and walked up her stairs and got ready for bed. Once she changed she laid in her bed and thought about the whole day.

   If she was being completely honest, she knew she couldn't have taken on Billy. But if he did hurt her she would probably figure out a way to get revenge on him easily. Considering she was much smarter than him.

After all the pondering she said her nightly prayers and tucked herself into bed.

//SORRY SISTERS THIS WAS RUSHED ITS PRETTY SHORT BUT I PROMISE MORE SHIRBERT IS TO COME.

VOTE! COMMENT YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND SOME FEEDBACK! I LOVE THIS FANDOM.

ALSO GOOD JOB ON GETTING NETFLIX TO NOTICE US! WHOOP

okay bye loves, xoxo gossip girl