22

Frankie's Pov:

"I had a lot of fun Luke. Thanks for taking me out." I sighed contently as we held hands and walked back to the venue.

"I had a lot of fun too. My favorite part was when the old man tried to change tables because his grandchildren was 'too close to satanists'. That was certainly new." Me and him both laughed at it.

"Yea. That was certainly something." I responded. Before we knew it we were showing the security guard our badges to get into the back. I pulled my hand out of Luke's and shook a little.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked carefully.

"I don't know. I guess I'm just afraid of what mom's going to think. We're a rock band who has fire and leather and dark makeup and screams an-"

"Hey. We may be more hardcore then Rian's band but your mom's gonna support you no matter what. She loves you Frankie. Now come on. Let's show Madison Square who's boss." He said the last part loudly as he picked me up and spun me around causing me to giggle.

"Thank you Lukas. Now lets go rock!" I shouted happily as me and him met up with Scarlet and Sam back stage. Of Mice and Men were rocking around on stage.

"Okay guys. Who's having a fucking great time!" Aaron yelled as they ended their cover of Money. "I can't hear you!" The whole crowd erupted in Screams and shouts. " That's it!" Aaron said happily. "Keep up that badass attitude and don't let people tell you what to do!" He hollered before they all left the stage.

The guitar techs started to hand Lukas and Sam their guitar and bass and the drum techs started to switch Tino's drums for mine as the stage crew switched out the backdrop. I grabbed my sticks from off of one of the amps and we all huddled up.

"Okay guys. Tonight's an important night so lets show Frankie's mom what she can do." She said with a 'lets go' attitude. "Rock on, on 3. 1. 2. 3" Scarlet shouted before we all shouted Rock on and headed onto stage. The crowd erupted in cheers as we dove right into out first song.

I fell into a euphoric mindset as I kept the beat of the song. Everything slowed around me. The only thing I could hear was my drums and the crowd cheering and singing along. This is why I do what I do. Because to see everyone come together and have a good time is so amazing and indescribable.

xXxXxXx

As soon as I got off stage I handed my drum tech my sticks who gave me a towel in exchange.

"We fucking rocked it guys!" Scarlet hollared happily. We started to head back to the green room slowly.

"Guys I need to step outside for some air. I'll meet you there." I told the guys as we approached the back door. They all told me to be safe and Lukas kissed my temple. I'm pretty sure we're unoffically dating.. Don't quite know.

I silently stepped outside and heard the door close behind me as I walked down 3 stairs and sat down. A few seconds later the door reopened and when I looked back I saw mom and Rian standing there. I stood up with a smile.

"What did yo-" before I could finish my sentence mom came rushing to me and wrapped me in a big tight hug. I hugged her back just as tight and we stayed like that. Rian came down next to us and leaned against the railing with a huge smile on his face.

"You've grown up so much Frankie. I'm so so proud of you and everything you've done." Mom pulled away as a tear left her eye and rolled down her cheek. She held her hands gently against my cheek and rubbed her thumb against my cheekbone. "If only you father could see you proved him wrong all those years."

"I wish I could have showed him also mom. I did go to the funeral because he still is my father.. I just stayed back." I told her.

"It was you?" Rian asked. "Jack was right."

"What do you mean?" Mom asked Rian softly as she took her hands off my cheeks.

"Jack said that at the funeral back about 30 feet away leaning against the tree was a woman crying as she watched. He tried talking to her but she ran off. Later that night he went to back to get his coat he forgot on the parking lot bench and found someone screaming at his grave. As if she was screaming at dad. He tried talking to her but she told him to get away so he gave her his number and my number if she ever wanted to talk. He came home saying it was you, I just found it hard to believe."

"Screaming at the old man huh? Bastard deserves it for what he did you and this family." Mom tried to lighten the mood.

"I'm really proud of you Frankie and I'm sure mom can agree with me when I say this. I understand why you ran, and to see how much you've grown afterwards. You changed your whole life around for the better. You've got a steady career, you're talented, you open your heart to those who deserve it and bitch out the ones that need to be straightened up. And the best thing is you can say you did it all on you're own. Most people take years with help to find who they are, but you did it all so quickly. You proved everybody wrong and found a way to continue when everyone was telling you yo quit. I'm so proud of you Frankie. I love you." He said the last part as he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him tightly and cried into his shoulder.

I knew how he felt about me accomplishing so much but just to hear it in this moment. Its exactly what I needed. Rian is my big brother and words can't express how much that phrase means to me. It feels amazing to have a brother who loves me and can help me, to have a mother who will love me until shes blue in the face, and to have a band and a fanbase who will always have my back is fucking breathtaking. Its a whole new open world for me. A world that I'm proud to say is MY world.

"Come here mom." Rain said happily as he opened his one arm up. Mom came into our hug and I felt nothing but pure love.

"Why don't we head back to the room. Don't want your friends to think you've abandoned them." Mom joked as she pulled away. Me and Rian laughed as I wiped the tears off my face.

We all silently headed back to the green room. As soon as we got there mom and Rian walked by everyone and started conversing with them. I stayed and leaned against the wall. I could faintly here mom complementing Of Mice and Men over the chatter.

"Hey Chica." Lukas said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Luke? What are we?" I asked as I leaned my head on his chest and wrapped my arm around his back.

"Well I was hoping we could be boyfriend and girlfriend. But its up to you." He said non-chalantley.

"Never one with words." I joked. "I would love to be you're girlfriend." I looked up and could see a large smile spread across his face. One spread across mine too.

Everything fell into place. I have my family. I have a boyfriend who I know will not hurt me. I have the band and bands we tour with. Everything went the way it was supposed to.

Suddenly the room was quiet as everyone looked at my mom and Tino.

"Valentino my daughter could outdrum you anyday!" Mom joked.

"All due respect Mrs. Dawson, your daughter's good but not better then me." Tino replied. I stepped away from Lukas and stood infront of Tino.

"Is this a challenge I hear Arteaga?" I asked trying to be stern.

"I guess it is Dawson." Suddenly we were both running to the back of the stage were we had our practice pads set up.

"Whoop his ass Frankie! Show him you're better then him!" Mom said happily. Everyone gathered around and cheered. Me and Tino fist bumped before grabbing sticks and just jamming out.

This is my life now. I would ask for anything more.