The Violent Maiden

Hope you guys enjoy 💕

"I wanna kick you in the face," Max said with an annoyed facial expression just as soon as I stepped into the classroom. Her voice was laced with distaste. And honestly, it's nothing new to me. Her face was scrunched up while her eyes stared into mine as if I had committed a major crime.

Not much people were here yet—so she really didn't have to worry about her bitter and sour attitude being exposed—since it was still early.

"What did I do this time?" I asked her as I made myself comfortable in my own seat. I closed my eyes in attempt to sleep-in atleast until the teacher arrives. I didn't get much sleep last night since my brother decided to invite his friends over for a slumber party. Yes, slumber party.

She groaned as to say that she was annoyed over me not giving a damn about her 'welcome' statement. Honestly though, how do you respond to that type of greeting? And I quote, 'I wanna kick you in the face'.

I looked up only to be met by her piercing brown eyes.

She wore her usually messy hair in a neat bun—all her usually loose strands were neatly tucked behind her ear—and gelled perfectly to prevent any baby hair from standing. It's a rare sight.

What's the special occasion?

"You're into Mark," she casually stated. Mark? Who's Mark?

"Mark?" I looked at her in confusion. Seriously, though. The name sounds really familiar. Was he the pizza delivery guy from yesterday? The waiter at the restaurant we had our family dinner in? The guy working in the supermarket? The guy I bumped into this morning? I really don't remember.

"Mark Lee," she stated as she raised her left brow at me. Oh no, she's irritated now, isn't she? And then it hit me. Oh Canada.

"Oh, that guy." I finally remembered. The guy from the other day. The guy who I apparently thought was 'hot'. He who also happened to be the person who won the heart of the person I've always longed for.

"I'm not into him. I just," I thought for a second while I fiddled with my fingers desperately trying to think of something decent to say, "find him hot?" Ok fine, I can't think of anything.

"What the heck Herin?! He's–" "gay, I know." I cut her off before she could say it herself. Hearing it once from Donghyuck was enough to slap me back into actuality. The actuality wherein I will forever be single and heartbroken.

"Oh, so you know?" She smirked and rolled her eyes at me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Is she on that time of the month? She seems extra scary today.

"Seriously though Herin, what's up with you and the gays?" I ask myself that too. First, Donghyuck. My bestfriend whom I've been secretly loving for the past few years. And just when I thought I could finally start to move on, I find out that that goddammen Canadian boy is supposedly gay too.

I must have a problem.

Not with them though. I have no problem with gay people, infact, I love them. Literally and figuratively speaking. If you know what I mean. (Not all of them though)

I sighed heavily. I lay my head down my table once again to 'attempt' to sleep during the remaining minutes we have until class starts. My eyelids start to feel slightly heavier than usual as darkness slowly starts to envelope me and invite me into a deep slumber.

Max mutters a few more scoldings and rants (and even some profanities) until she finally realized that I wasn't even listening to any of the words that she just wasted her breath in saying. I could hear her 'tsk' as she probably noticed me drifting into sleep.