I'll Always Be Here- Part 1/2 (Jedtavius)

Summary: After waking up after 3 years Octavius immediately goes to find Jedediah, but it doesn't turn out too well. Soon he realizes he merely had a dream, but is still quite scared. Jedediah ends up comforting him. Enjoy.

(A/N- I made this as if the museum had recently done a big night show and everyone decided to sleep for a bit. And it's set after the 3rd movie.)

Octavius slowly blinked, steadily moving his arms and legs that had been frozen in place for 3 years. It took a moment for it to settle in, he was moving again! Which meant the tablet must be here and that everyone else must be waking up as well.

Octavius glanced around at his fellow Romans as they stretched and soon interacted with each other. Trusting his people, Octavius made his way over to the Old West diorama as fast as he could. The only thing going through his mind of a certain Cowboy he loved so.

Once Octavius finally managed to scrabble into the next door diorama he noticed a lot of the people crowded in a clump.

With confusion the Roman approached the group and tapped on the closest persons shoulder. "What is going on? Is there a problem of some sorts?" Octavius questioned the cowboy as others near glanced at him.

"Ya might wanna see for 'urself." The cowboy answered glumly, motioning for the others to move so Octavius could make his way through.

Octavius slowly made his way to the middle of the circle to see Jedediah. But the normally energetic cowboy wasn't speaking, actually he wasn't doing anything.

The man before him was frozen in his normal pose for museum hours, simply a wax statue standing in front of Octavius.

"I don't understand...." Octavius trailed off, eyes widening, "Why isn't he moving?!" Octavius almost shouted while tears gathered in his eyes. His hands flew to Jedediah's shoulders and he looked his friend, no, Lover. In the eye.

"Jed?" Octavius spoke softly as a question. Anger and frustration quickly washed over him, "Jedediah!" Octavius spoke, shaking his frozen friend, angry tears falling down his face.

—————

"Jedediah, Jedediah....." Octavius repeated as he himself was shaken. Octavius bolted up tear streaks down his face and confusion swirling around in his head.

After a few moments he realized he was in his bed, and that Jedediah.....Wait Jedediah! Octavius nearly jumped out of bed before a hand quickly wrapped around his own.

"Octavius," the voice spoke clearly. "Hold your horses, what's wrong?" The voice spoke with worriedness, but it wasn't just any voice, it was a Jedediah!

Octavius made swift eye contact before launching himself into his boyfriend's arms. With the realization of him simply having a nightmare and his boyfriend was right next to him he relaxed. But not enough for his grip to be any less loose than it was.

"Oc, can't... breathe"  Octavius quickly let go, "Sorry" Octavius sniffed moving back to look his lover in the eye. Jedediah's eyes melted as he looked at his boyfriend.

"Nightmare?" The cowboy asked gently, earning a slow nod from the other. Jedediah opened his arms for Octavius, knowing he liked to be comforted after these types of things.

Octavius quickly wrapped his arms around Jedediah's torso, of course far more gentle than before, and buried his head in his boyfriend's
chest.

Jedediah, slowly weaved his fingers through the Roman's hair as comfort before softly speaking again. "Care to talk 'bout it?"

"Well.." Octavius muttered weakly, looking up and meeting Jed's gaze. "It was right when the tablet returned and everyone came back to life. But when I went to see you... you... you weren't," Octavius stopped, tears immediately blurred his vision once more and began to spill over.

Jedediah quickly moved his hands to rub his boyfriend's back and cradle him as close as he could.

After a few minuets Octavius finished his sentence, "You didn't come to life..." Octavius hiccuped out while he was gulping for breath.

"Oh darlin'" Jedediah spoke with soft eyes as Octavius started getting a handle on his breathing once more.

Once Octavius was back to steady breathing, Jed moved to cup the others face, a silent way of asking the other to sit up.

Jedediah took in his lover's tear stained face and his heart broke. Octavius loved him so much that the thought of loosing him had brought him to tears, multiple times.

"'Occ? I want ya to know I would Never leave you," Jedediah stated while looking the other directly in the eye.

"But what if....." the Roman trailed off with wide eyes. "No if, ands, or buts. I'm not goin' anywhere anytime soon." Jed explained while swiping at a single tear that had rolled down Octavius' cheek with his thumb.

"I love ya to much for any'thing to get be'tween us," Jedediah lovingly spoke as one hand moved from cupping the side of his lover's face to his chin.

Octavius smiled at the loving and caring side of his boyfriend only he got to see."And I you my love," he replied softly.

Jedediah brought Octavius closer and met the Roman's lips with his own, relishing in how soft the others lips were as they kissed until they began to run out of breath.

As they broke apart there was still a question floating in the air, "Do you wanna try an' sleep or stay here for a bit?"

"Can we just lay together?" Octavius questioned gazing into the Cowboy's eyes. "Course we can," Jedediah responded as both laid down.

Octavius rested his head on Jedediah's chest while Jed wrapped his arms around him. They both stayed in comfortable silence until they drifted back to sleep, but not away from each other.