Chapter 2

Dorothy put down her phone and looked at the screen saying that the callshe was on with Cade had ended. A million thoughts were running through her mind as she sat there knowing two things: Optimus Prime was back and the kids were in danger again.

She had told Cade to call her back after the kids had finished dinner, which he did but not with good news. The inventor told her on how he found a truck that turned out to be a transformers that needed to be repaired. He told her that these people called Cemetery Wind showed up and this other scary black transformer had blown up their house. All of them, Cade, Tessa and now Shane, were with the transformer on the run with the government tracking them. Dorothy didn't speak the entire time Cade was talking, not wanting to let the kids know how incredibly scared she was. She said goodbye and hung up, sitting down in the chair in the living room to watch the kids.

She knew Cade was talking about Optimus the moment he started explaining what happened. The man didn't say his name, but she that there was only cybertronian in the entire galaxy to break their cover over something like protecting humans. Dorothy didn't really care for her own species anymore, knowing that most of them were stupid and not worth the amount of love she had for her family and the cybertronians she cared about the most. The inventor never mentioned any other vehicles, meaning that Bumblebee and the others were still in hiding. That was good, but she knew that if the government was hunting down Cade, they would be tracking his calls.

Around nice o'clock, Dorothy needed to get the kids to bed before someone she didn't know came knocking on her door and Frenzy or Rumble tried to answer it. All the kids were watching Pokémon in the living room with her, Frenzy, Rumble, Ratbat and Toxin all sitting with their favorite plushies on the floor while the girls were sitting on the couch. The mother of them all grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, all the children gasping and starting to complain about how she turned it off and why she would do something like that. Dorothy put the remote back down and picked Toxin up from the floor. "To bed, all of you."

"Wait, us too?" Laserbeak asked, moving her wing to point to her sister. "But we're so much old than them."

"I know, but you all need to go to bed, okay?" the woman replied back, gently hugging her youngest closer to her body. She smiled warily down at the little sparkling and kissed his forehelm, making him giggle and curl up in her arms with a yawn. All of the kids could tell something was wrong with their carrier, knowing that she focused on keeping Toxin happy whenever she was upset or nervous about something. The two condors took off from the couch and flew up into the rafters, landing in their nest. The boys made their way upstairs, going to their rooms and waiting for their carrier to say goodnight to them. Dorothy looked down at Toxin and nuzzled him a bit before looking up to the rafters. "Goodnight, girls. Make sure Ravage gets home alright."

"We will, Carrier." they answered back in unison as the mother walked upstairs with her youngest in her arms.

The little sparkling was already in recharge, his little winglets fluttering behind him as he was dreaming happily. Toxin was hugging the woman around the neck and slightly drooling on her shirt, but Dorothy didn't mind. What she was more worried about was the fact that Cemetery Wind probably tracked any calls that Cade made and they would be on their way. The mother walked up the stairs and went to the twin's room, pushing open the door and seeing that they were in their bunkbeds. "Hey, you two. I love you, no matter what stupid scrap you pull at school. Okay?"

"Carrier, are you okay?" Rumble asked, sitting up and looking at her. "You seem really nervous. Did something happen with Mr. Yeager?"

"Cade? No." Dorothy replied, shaking her head and smiled. "I'm just having one of those nights where I'm thinking about Soundwave a lot. I miss him and you know, I wish he was here to help us."