Chapter 8

...Guess who's back. >:)

~~~~~~~~~

"Do you really have to do that?"

"Do what?"

"Make out while we're on a mission? No one wants to see that."

::Guys, come on. I-::

"Shh, Bee. Don't worry about ol' Crosshairs. He's just jealous."

"Jealous? Jealous of what?! That I'm not making out with an ex-con?!"

::Cross, stop it. It's not that big of a deal. Barricade and I can just-::

"No, your prissy boyfriend is just trying to rub it in my face that he has someone to love and I don't."

"Prissy?! Excuse me, who are you calling prissy?! You're the one in the flamboyant overcoat!"

"It's a jacket and for your information, I could get anyone I want to make out with me."

"Really, Cross? Like who?"

"Um... Drift?"

"No, thank you."

"Wow, aren't you alone. Almost makes me feel sad for you, bud."

"Shut it, Hound! No one asked you!"

"BOYS!!"

Everyone froze as Dorothy looked up from the spot she was perched on with a set of binoculars. The three bots all looked at the woman as she glared at them with tired eyes. This was not her ideal morning. She didn't want to be up at six o'clock in the morning watching as people were in and out of KSI Industries with a bunch of sparklings, but she really didn't have a choice. She watched as Barricade stuck his glossa out at the paratrooper before walking away with Bumblebee smooshed in his arm against his chestplates. Crosshairs soon got the gist and walked away as well. She was so lucky that they were concealed in an abandoned tunnel about 100 km away from the warehouse.

She turned back to watching the facility with her supped up binoculars before a familiar semi-truck pulled up next to her. She sighed, still grumpy and side-eyed him. "Do you need something, Optimus?" she asked, trying to focus again.

"I want you to talk to Bumblebee and Barricade for me." he replied, which drew the woman away from her task again.

"What?" she asked, clearly confused. She quirked a brow and tried to joke for a moment. "Did Barricade and Bumblebee pester you this morning about going out on a drive? Frankly, I'm happy for them. They're a perfect match and they seem to be happy with each other. I mean, they could have told us earlier, but I understand their fears of you all finding out. They just have really, really bad timing."

There was an air of silence after a while, just a bunch of background noise from the other bots as the woman and the truck sat there facing the KSI Industries warehouse and building. Neither of them said a word before Optimus started the conversation up again.

"They made a mistake." he said, bluntly.

This made Dorothy put down her binoculars. She looked back at the boys, her boys, and watched as they were happily sitting near the back of the cave and waiting for the all-clear from the front. She furrowed her brows together and didn't look down at the truck. "You didn't seem to have a problem with Bumblebee dating him before. What changed? Them bonding?"

"Bumblebee is putting himself as risk."

"He's big mech. He can take care of himself, Optimus. He's not a sparkling anymore and can make his own decisions."