the selfie

january 2018

"do you think this is a good idea?" millie asked. it certainly did not look like a good idea to her.

"yeah! are you trying to say you don't want to make this official?" jacob asked, in an impatient tone.

"no, no, no. i just think it's really soon..." she responded. it was too soon, they had been texting and hanging out for about a month. deciding to publicly reveal their relationship was a big step.

"it has been a month, people are going to put 2 and 2 together anytime." jacob argued, impatient once more. "maybe you're just scared finn won't care..."

millie pressed the "post" button, clearly mad at that last accusation.
a minute passed and her tagged pics went crazy with the screenshot of the black-and-white selfie of both with a little red heart emoji and the date.

"don't be mad, baby." jacob said, making millie's guts twist and turn. "i was just kidding. you know that, right?"

millie looked at him dead in the eye. she even considered deleting the story she had just posted two minutes ago. but it was too late now. he was officially her boyfriend. all of the teen blogs, youtube channels and magazines would talk about the new pair. it would bring fame to both. her agent agreed to it so she couldn't escape. "right." she said.