reunion

"he cheated on me." 

"what do you want me to do about it?" her agent asked.

"what do you think?! i want to break the agreement. i can not face him again. that bastard cheated on me!" millie shouted.

"you know i can't do that. you still have two months ahead of you."

"so what? i just have to pretend i'm ok with this and lie to everyone?!"

"i'm afraid so."

"i hate you for doing this to me." millie slammed the door and started running across the hall, crying.

~

it was april and it was time to go back to shooting stranger things.
millie got to the location where the table reads were going to go down. noah was there with gaten, joe and maya, the new girl who turned out to be really cool. charlie and natalia came together, holding eachothers' hands, leaving millie thinking of how amazing it could be if love was real and lasting. sadie and caleb came along together too, laughing like two goofballs, joining the rest of them.

there was someone missing. the group didn't feel complete without him.

the door opened and the brightness outside made it impossible to see nothing else other than his silhouette, tall and slim. he came closer, making each step seem like an eternity to millie.
he greeted everyone, gave some hugs here and there, some handshakes with the boys and natalia, and then looked at millie. her eyes were sparkling like the night sky. finn's freckled cheeks were completely red. she felt tears coming to her eyes and he saw them too, quickly embracing her in his arms and hugging her for at least half a minute, making her take deep, long breaths. his chin resting on top of her head, his arms going all around her, protecting her without even meaning to do it.

"don't cry." finn whispered in her ear. millie buried her face even deeper in his chest.

"i'm so glad you're here." 

"i'm so happy to see you. but don't cry, please." 

millie stopped sobbing and calmed down. she pulled apart from the hug and tilted her head down, trying to clean up her tears quickly. 

finn grabbed one strand of her hair and put it behind her ear, raising her cheek so she could face him. "you are worth so much. don't forget that." he said, making her cry even more.

"i missed you so much, finnie."

"i missed you too, mills."