CHAPTER 39

Geronimo had arrived at the police station on time.
Requesting to see Lieutenant Ralston, he was informed that the Lieutenant was out on an enquiry.
Nodding when asked if he was willing to wait, Geronimo was escorted to the vast waiting room, which was obliquely opposite the Records and Property Room.

Taking a seat, Geronimo released an audible sigh.
A mere five minutes after he sat, there was a commotion in the Bull Pen area. This is the area of large space, where the officers worked at their desks.

The hurried shuffling of feet and frenzied buzzing, told him that a prisoner had just been brought in.
A female police officer came to inform him that the Lieutenant had just arrived and will be with him shortly.

Marina parked her car on the compound of the Police Station, in the area which was reserved for visitors. Alighting from her vehicle, she walked to the entrance.

A black rented SUV, reversed alongside her, the occupant toothing his horn at her. "Men!"
She uttered with disgust.

Sitting in the vehicle, Geraldo emanated a hearty laugh at her expression. He knew how she felt about men who got their kicks from harassing women. Geraldo just could not help himself.
Geraldo dialled Lieutenant Ralston.
"Yes G?"

"Is Geronimo there?"

"Yes, he is in the waiting room."

"Okay, Marina has just arrived. She is on her way up."

"Give me twenty minutes with them. I will call you after."

"Great!"

Geraldo then dialled Detective Cassio.
"Yes sir!"

"Are you making headway?"

"Yes Sir! I have everything you need to know right here."
Geraldo then related to the detective, the events which led to Sara's arrest.
Chuckling, the detective replied.
"Sooner is better than later."
Wishing to know more, Geraldo refrained himself. "I can wait!" he told himself.

Ending that call, Geraldo settled back in his seat, to wait on the call from inside.

Marina approached the officer on duty, at the reception desk.

"Good day, I am here to see Lieutenant Ralston.

"Is he expecting you ma'am?"

"Yes please."

Lieutenant Ralston is currently in the interrogation room. If you would kindly wait, he will be with you shortly."
Marina nodded her assent.

"This way please." said the officer.
On her way to the waiting room, Marina read the signs.
"Dispatch Room, Information Room and Property Room.

Upon arriving to the waiting room, the officer signalled for Marina to enter.

"Please make yourself comfortable." said the officer.

Responding with a hearty "Thank You." Marina entered.

As she was about to sit, she heard a rustling sound.

Looking for its source, she saw a very familiar posture, standing at the window, looking out.

Marina sat, staring at the person.
Her brain refusing to grasp his identity.

Geronimo felt the presence of another in the room.
Swinging around, his startling blue eyes, clashed with the brown of Marina's.