Chapter 27 - Skin

(A/N: Sorry for not updating in forever! 💀 my co-writer and I have been very busy these past few weeks but we're free again now!! Thank you guys for voting and I hope you guys are enjoying the story 💕 Also this book will soon be a YouTube fanfic as well! You can see its teaser intro above~)

"Jungkook, where the hell have you been!?" Seokjin angrily shrieked.

Jungkook stepped forward a bit, smiling. "C'mon guys, I was just curious... you see?"

Jungkook's voice sounded off somehow, nobody seemed to notice though. Enraged, Seokjin began to step towards Jungkook to give him a piece of his mind. Namjoon quickly blocked Seokjin's path in a discrete way.

"Hey, do you remember what codename we decided to call you?" Namjoon questioned as his eyes narrowed.

Jungkook's gaze froze in place as his smile grew. "Uh, didn't we agree with Seagull? Why do you ask?" Jungkook chuckled, his voice still sounding somewhat distorted.

"We're looking for Y/N, have you seen her?" Namjoon asked followed by a short pause from Jungkook's response.

"We're looking for Y/N, have you seen her?"Jungkook said with Namjoon's voice imitated to near perfection. Everybody stood shocked and confused to what Jungkook was trying to do in a serious situation like this. Murmurs started up behind Seokjin.

"Stop screwing around! I'm going to kick your ass if you don't get over here!" Seokjin warned.

Jungkook quickly retreated into the darkness letting out a distorted but distinguishable Jin signature window wiper laugh. Everyone stared in horror and confusion. Namjoon knew exactly what they were dealing with though.

"Skinwalker." Namjoon said in a low voice.

"Skinwalker?" Seokjin asked, confused.

"Wait, don't they only live in the US? What is one of them doing here?" Jimin questioned, an eyebrow raised.

"S-s-surely they can't be real....right?" Hoseok mumbled nervously.

"If mermaids are real, I'm pretty sure any other mythical creatures are real too. Also we don't live in times before Christopher Columbus. That thing could have come by boat or plane." Taehyung explained. He then turned to Namjoon. "By the way, what is a Skinwalker?"

"Long story short, they mimic and kill people." Namjoon replied.

Hoseok gulped and trembled even more at the sound of that. "D-d-does that mean.... Jungkook..."

"We can't be so sure, c'mon lets beat the answers out of that imposter!" Seokjin interrupted before running after the imposter Jungkook. Everyone followed but Namjoon knew better thanks to all the Youtube videos he has watched about Skinwalkers so he readied his stun knife.

The laugher kept playing like a recorder as the boys chased after the imposter. It began to come from the upper floor, so they followed until Seokjin turned on one of the corridors and crashed into Y/N. Y/N frantically grabbed onto Seokjin's arms shaking and crying as if she had experienced the most traumatizing event in her life.

"It's here, it's here, it's here... we have to get out! It dragged Jungkook! He's dead, he's dead, he's dead!" Y/N yelled.

"Calm down! Maybe you saw wrong. We need to keep our heads in place. Here, drink some water." Seokjin escorted Y/N to a nearby water fountain but she refused. Namjoon however took up on the offer. As the boys comforted Y/N, Namjoon wiped the water from his mouth with his fingers.

"Y/N, I need you to remember where you last saw Jungkook." Namjoon said calmly as he grabbed onto Y/N's arm with his still wet fingers.

"Ummm, I saw him...on the lower floor. He was covered in blood." Y/N began to explain.