4

*a/n: hey guys! idk if anyone's still reading this or if it's just my one friend but if u do read pls comment and vote so ik ppl care!! Idk I guess it's just more fun to write when u know someone's actually gonna read it. Sorry to bother u, enjoy!!*

{Harry's POV}

When our eyes locked across that impossible distance--separated by the stage rail, but even more so by time and unspoken affections--I was stunned. I never thought he would actually show up. Why would he? Lou was right, he's the most powerful man in the world, not to mention he already has everything: a wife, kids, a dog, a country. And yet, all  I want is to feel his power over me.

I shake my head, trying to clear out these poisonous thoughts. I can' t think about him now, I have a show to give. I stumble back across the stage, deciding to stay as far away as possible for the rest of the night. I only hope Louis doesn't notice his presence....

~~~~~

The rest of the show goes by in a blur: flashes of brightly colored lights, screaming fans, sweaty embraces from the lads, a series of choreographed moves. But I don't see any of it... All I can see is him. For the past several hours Baraccoli's face has been burned into the backs of my eyelids--ever present, staring directly into my heart and soul and making my loins quiver. When it's finally over, the lads and I run off the stage into the mercifully quiet back room. There's a photoscreen and chairs surrounding the perimeter. It's time for a meet-n-greet, this I can handle. I love meeting fans, they're the reason we've made it this far. Food and drinks are provided in a cooler in the back. I'm thirsty, but not the kind that can be quenched by water.....

Louis passes me a towel and I dry off my glistening forehead, shaking droplets of sweat from my long hair like a wet dog. Some land on Louis in the process, but he just laughs it off and smacks my ass affectionately. God, I wish he wouldn't do that. It's not the same with him. He's Walmart to Barack's prada.

"Aye, mate, you feelin alright?" Payno calls from across the room. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Yea, bud, I'm perfecto. Never better." I reply, "Maybe a smidge tired, is all, but I'll be fine by the time the fans come back."

"Whatever you say man..." Liam mutters. "Still, you should sit down, you don't wanna make yourself ill."

I heed Liam's advice and sit down. Not even a second later the doors open and a stage director pops in, whispering, "You lads ready? The fans are here, but if you need more time..."

"Bring em in!" Niall shouts, excitedly bouncing up from the chair he had been lounging in, looking like an excited puppy.

"Yea, let's get this over with," Zayn mumbles disinterestedly. "I wanna get outta here quick, Lindsa and I have got a hot date tonight and I promised I wouldn't be late. I'm cooking dinner at her place."

Liam grins and fist bumps Zayn, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively and laughing. "Atta boy, fuck Gigi. You don't need her cheating ass. Lindsay is saucier anyway."

"Oh shut UP dude," Zayn laughs, smacking Liam's arm playfully.

"Alright, then," answers the stage director, opening the doors for a flood of teenage girls to pour through, their parents trudging reluctantly behind.

I scan the crowd, smiling at several of them, searching for one familiar face in particular. Before I get a chance to look closely I'm overtaken by a group of giggling little girls. They can't be older than thirteen. Great, here we go.

The boldest steps forward, still fucking giggling. "Haaaiiiiiiiiii" she squeals breathlessly, "I'm (y/n). I love you. So much. Can I hug you puhleazeeeeee." She bats her crusty lady eyelashes at me. It's all I can do not to burst out cackling.