Nine.

Los Angeles, California

"Hiii," Nicki smiled, reaching for Lilian.

Meek chuckled, handing Lilian to her. He put her carseat in the chair by Nicki's hospital bed and then sat down.

"Mommy missed you," Nicki smiled.

After being hospitalized for two months, Nicki was finally being released. Lilian looked at Nicki while Nicki fixed her little dress.

"All her little butt do is cry, poop, and eat," Meek chuckled.

"Well she's a baby," Nicki giggled.

Meek laughed. "I know. She mean as hell for a baby."

"Really? What has she done?"

"Whenever people try to hold her, she cries and screams until I get her. She be rolling her little eyes too. Got an attitude just like you already."

Nicki giggled again and kissed Lilian's cheek.

"My little Japanese baby," Nicki smiled.

She looked up at Meek.

"Did you know that my grandfather was Japanese?"

"Nah. That's dope," he said.

Nicki nodded and rocked Lilian who slowly started falling asleep. Once she went to sleep, Nicki handed her to Meek. He put her in the carseat just as the doctor walked in.

"Good afternoon. I'll need him to sign your release papers and you're all free to go."

Meek signed the release papers and the doctor smiled.

"You did well with your recovery, Onika. Continue to prosper and live your best live," the doctor said.

"Thank you so much."

Nicki put on her shoes and Meek grabbed the carseat. They walked out and got in his car.

"My mom is here. She's at my house, though," he told her.

"Oh that's wonderful. It's been forever since I've seen her," Nicki smiled.

Meek licked his lips. "I know. We're all going out to eat later, Nic. Remember when I told you that I would have a surprise for you?"

"Yes. You said not to hold it to you."

"I know, but I pulled through. You gonna love this surprise. I already know you gone cry tears of happiness," Meek laughed.

Nicki giggled. "I hate surprises."

"Nah. Not this one."

Finally pulling up to his house, Meek put the gate code in and drove into his driveway, then into the garage. Getting out, he got the car seat and led Nicki into the house.

"Hold on, stay right here. I want this to feel special for you," he said.

He hurried off, giving Lilian to Kathy, then came back, grabbing Nicki's hand. He covered her eyes and started walking with her into the front room.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yes," she laughed.

He uncovered her eyes and she gasped. Immediately crying, she covered her mouth and broke down. Caiah ran up to her, hugging her. She hugged him tightly and sniffled.

"My baby," she cried.

"Nika, I missed you!"

Nicki laughed through her tears. "I missed you much more, Cai. Oh my goodness."