ONE

╔══════════╗ONE

╔══════════╗
ONE.
SCARED!
╚══════════╝

"WHICH ONE?"

It was the night before school at Beacon Hills High and Isabelle Martin was sprawled across her twin sister Lydia's bed, tying to choose a color to paint her nails. In her hands she had a lavender color, a mint green in the other, and a third choice of a crimson red color laying on her bed. Isabelle and Lydia were ten minutes apart — Isabelle being older. Their mother told them that when they were in the womb, they always were wrapped around each other and were never able to be seen on the ultrasound.

Lydia stood at her closet, going through her clothes with a smirk on her face as she examined the nail polishes, her finger tapping against her chin in fake thought, "Definitely the red; it's compliments your skin."

"Good choice, Lyd." Isabelle nodded at her sister, opening the bottle and beginning to paint her nails. There was a comfortable silence, the only noise being the soft music that played in the background, substituting as white noise. Their peace was soon disturbed as their mother, Natalie, cracked the door open and smiled at the girls.

"Hey, girls it's getting late and you have school tomorrow. You might wanna wrap it up soon." Natalie told the girls, a soft smile on her face. She loved her girls more than anything in the world, and took pride in being their mother.

Lydia had been going through a phase lately where anything that their mother said annoyed her. She didn't like being around her and could only handle doses of her. She rolled her eyes, snapping, "Okay, thanks for the time check."

Isabelle could see their mother's face fall and immediately felt bad for the woman, her heart breaking. Their mom did a lot for them and was the best mom out there. "Thanks mom, we'll be done soon and head to bed."

"Okay," Natalie said softly, sending her a grateful smile and shutting the door.

Isabelle gave her sister a hard look for a moment before asking, "Bitchy much?"

"Annoying much?" Lydia shot back in a mocking voice, rolling her eyes. Isabelle had such a big heart and was always looking out for others it was tiring sometimes.

"Oh, shut it." Isabelle quipped blowing on her freshly painted nails, smiling in satisfaction at how nice they turned out. She's already planning an outfit in her head for tomorrow.

"You ready for tomorrow?" Lydia asked, and Isabelle swore twin telepathy must've been a thing sometimes. They were always seemingly reading each other's minds, and always in sync.

"'Course. It'll be the same thing as Freshmen year, but better hopefully." Isabelle shrugged simply, not seeing the big deal or any reason to stress. High School was just four years of her life, and she was certainly making the most of it, she didn't see the point in putting a bunch of pressure on the experience.