Chapter 2; Night Terrors

(Trigger warning; PTSD)

    Tord looked to Tom, fearful... he came to his senses not a moment later as the heart monitor slowed its rapid beeping. He still looked uncomfortable.
Tom got up from his chair, "I'll be back in a minute." He said, walking out of the room. The hospital was empty, and the white walls accompanied the dim lighting while a nearby worker typed away on their computer. He walked up to the clean desk in question, "S'cuse me, but do you know where I can find some warm tea?" The woman looked at Thomas through her glasses and gave him a curt smile, "Certainly, just down the hall to your right. There's a station set up, you're welcome to help yourself."
The British man thanked her and followed her directions like a navigation system and soon found himself at a small counter with tea bags, cheap coffee, and condiments, all next to a plug in machine that produced hot water.
As he was making a second cup of tea he felt a strange yet familiar sensation of his stomach. He reached down and pulled out his buzzing phone, someone was calling. It was Edd.
Careful not to spill hot tea on himself he swiped his thumb across the screen and held the device to his ear.
"Tom, where have you been? It's been hours since I've seen you!" His voice rang.
"Oh, don't worry about me. I'm just at this new bar in town."
"Really? It's so quiet." He spoke curiously.
"Yeah, I went outside when I'd seen you calling." He mumbled quickly.
"Alright, just want to make sure you're okay. Have fun Tom, but don't stay out too late!" Edd sang.
"Yeah okay, mom."

They shared a quick laugh before he hung up, returning his phone to finish making tea.
Tom snickered at how good of a liar he could be sometimes, as much guilt as it put on him.
He grabbed the two warm styrofoam cups and a few sugar packets, slipping them into his pocket.
The emptiness of the hospital unsettled him a little, for it was late at night and his anxiety was getting the best of him. He soon turned back into Tord's temporary room, lazily looking at his beat gaze. Almost lifeless as he stared into his lap.
"Is your package really so small that you have to look at it like a lost dog?" Tom of course, knew this really wasn't the case, so this was his way of lightening the mood. Unfortunately his move played ineffective.
Tord looked to Tom a little surprised, almost as if he didn't know he'd walked in. His hearing must be bad... Tom thought.
    Tord failed to reply as the bowling ball of a man offered him a cup of tea. "What, are you trying to poison me already?" Tom scoffed and grinned. But he soon realized that Tord wasn't laughing, or grinning for that matter... he was dead serious.
    "Yes, I dragged you up from your deathbed, got you in stable condition, just so I could poison you. No Tord, it's just tea." The fragile man took the warm cup, greeting the heat it put in his hand.
    "Thanks" the norski said quietly. "Mhm" was all he replied. Tom sat back down in the highly uncomfortable hospital chair, his body aching for a quality bed.
    The air was still as the two sipped tea, not fighting for once. It seemed odd to Tom, but he enjoyed not having Tord bickering about everything and how he was never wrong.
    "What's going to happen after this? I'm not going to lay in the hospital forever." The question smacked Tom upside the head. "Erm- I haven't really figured that out yet... I can sneak you into my apartment but Edd could always come over when I'm not home, I mean I c-" Toms blabbering was cut short.
   "What do you mean 'sneak me into your apartment'? Is that why it's just you here?!" His temper raised quicker than Tom could ever wish. His heart monitor began to rapidly beep, and he was obviously getting uncomfortable and wanted to get up.
In the process he'd spilt hot tea on himself, yelping and the burning liquid.
Tom stood up quickly, his empty cup dropping to the tile floor. "Tord-" he was going into a state of panic so Tom pressed the button, requesting a nurse. He then grabs Tord's tea, putting it aside and holding his arm in a comforting grip. "You should've left me to die!" He yelped. Tom realized he was no longer there, he was having an episode.
A nurse soon walked into the disastrous scene. "Oh dear, okay. She was at Tord's side in a flash, it was the same woman from the desk.
"Sir, do you know where you are?" His eye stared into Tom's voids, but he wasn't there, he was at the hill. Tom was taken back as Tord began to shake, the nurse continued to offer him things like food, or a drink. Trying to bring him back.
Eventually he began to respond, weakly. His eye dropped to the foot of his bed, tired and worn. This time when the nurse offered him anything that could help he simply refused as kind as possible.
She walked over to Tom, "Can I please have a word outside." He swallowed hard, "Of course".
The nurse proceeded to tell Tom that this would be common in Tord for a while. She also told Tom what to do if he was around when Tord had an episode.
He thanked her as they went their separate ways. When Tom returned, Tord had fallen asleep, Tom hoped he could have a decent night's rest now. He turned the lights off and pulled the covers over Tord's frail chest, shielding him slightly from the hospitals arctic temperatures.
He then sat back in his chair, beginning to scheme on how Tord could stay under his watchful eye. He needed to help him recover, call it his duty or just being kind, he knew he'd end up helping him get better.

             TO BE CONTINUED

(A/N; hey guys!!! Sorry this chapter took a bit to release. I just got back into school and it's reeeeeally busy. So I'll be updating on the weekends now... maybe every other weekend? Or whenever I'm ready to release a new chapter. Any-who, thanks for reading guys, love ya!)
                       -Swingster