Chapter 1

"Jack Bailey, more like Jack off daily"

Ash smirked at Jack from quarter deck. The look on this face said all Jack needed to know. He squirmed a little bit in protest, but the thick, rough rope that had his hands and feet tied to the main mast didn't even budge. The blood circulation in those parts were practically nothing; even though he couldn't move to see his hands or feet, the numbness told him they'd at least gone a light shade of purple. No amount of his thinking could get him out of this stupid situation.

Ash turned away from Jack to look at the ocean behind them. The sky was beautifully blue and cloudless, and the water calm. The sun reflecting off the water blinded Jack, and he knew he'd surely be beetroot coloured by morning. 

Ash remained facing the water, but said loudly enough for Jack to hear, "Whatta lovely view, 'ey? No land, no birds, no nuthun! Just how we like it. We mightn't have ter roast ya if this heat keeps up."

Darcy, the ship's Captain, had his eyes fixed steadily on Jack from the helm. He was notorious for his violent method of killing his victims. Unfortunately, Jack was one of them. This 'roast' Ash mentioned was apparently his favourite method of murder. Jack didn't quite know what it was yet.  He kept quiet. 

"Do yer have any tanning oil, Ashy boy?" said the Captain. He kept eye contact with Jack, grinning slightly. Ash turned around momentarily to look quizzically at his Captain. 

"I mean noo disrespect sir, but what century we be livin' in? We ain't savages. Why in hell would we need tannin' oil as fucken' pirates?" 

Darcy's grin widened, "Mebbe just to slow down the cookin' process."

Because he was tied to the mast, Jack did nothing; not speak nor move. 

The only thing he could do, really, was wait to die.