22

I let my toes sink into the cold soil, trying to feel the nature and every vibration within couple of miles

I let my toes sink into the cold soil, trying to feel the nature and every vibration within couple of miles. Earth had memories, it was easy to track someone if they had been passing by some certain route or leaned against a tree for some rest. I could easily smell the scent they left behind, I could even smell it on the grass.

I opened my eyes and gazed up at the pale, dark grey clouds that drifted over the enormous sky. There were no sunrays peeking behind the moody clouds. I let out frustrated sigh, cussing at the feelings of longing. I wished I could spin right through the fast moving clouds and see the sun that hid behind the dark masses of clouds.

No distractions.

I crouched down, analyzing the almost unnotiacble footprints on the grass. The person was either large, or was carrying something heavy. Considering the targets movements had been swift and agile, he wasn't carrying much. Target was heading to south and was probably looking for a shelter.

My eyes flickered to birds that dived down, flying very close to grass, their bellies almost touching the ground as they tried to catch bugs.
That was solid sign for upcoming rain. The air that came with rain would force the bugs on the ground, making birds follow them head on.

A whoosh of air made me tick my jaw, curling and uncurling my fists as my man hunt was interrupted.

Why couldn't he understand that we were supposed to work alone out here?
“oh boy I hate those cuffs. Can you believe it, even thought they left only one on me, it still makes me slower and I don't even understand how.” Pietro said quietly, annoyance lacing in his accented voice.

I ignored him as I started following my new found tracks, keeping my eyes on every possible lead. “hey, I would have told you to wait up, but since I'm faster I-- where the heck are your shoes?” I didn't pay any attention to him as he kept following closely. I had taken off my shoes as soon as I was left alone on the field, I had rolled up the end of my jeans and gotten right on to tracking. I hated shoes and socks and anything that kept me from touching solid earth. So, I left them under a willow tree.

“hey! Stop! You're going to catch a cold or something, and the forest floor isn't that soft either, seriously, what's your foot size? Take mine, will you stop now? You're not gonna get anywhere if you're feet are muddy and bloody, genius.” His offer surprised me, but I didn't show it, I simply get going, getting some kind of satisfaction when he huffed in annoyance and suddenly he was in front of me. I stepped away as if he had burned me, hating the close proximity.

“Jeez sorry if my presence is not welcomed, your highness im-bare-footed-hippie-in-the-forest.” The silver haired man snorted, rolling his eyes.

I had no time to waste with his childishness, and I definitely had no time to bonder over the meaning of hippie. Was it something bad? Hopefully something dangerous.

I passed by him, following the trail. “what's with that silence anyways? Are you... Are you mute? Oh дерьмо you are aren't you. Wait, no, are you? No, you're just ignoring me. Silenced by those scientists. Hey, I promise I'll get both of us out of here. Because sometimes it feels like there's something more to life then being stuck in a room. And, hey, little dude, I promise you, things are going to be okay. I can feel it.”

He was trying to reassure someone, and I sure as hell wasn't the person who needed to hear those words. Hydra was my home. I did not need to get away from them, besides who would want to? They were the future of humanity. Weither it was painful or dangerous, it was for the good of future.

How could Pietro even talk like that?

I froze, my eyes landing on the target. Pietro nearly walked into me but stopped before we could collide.

Both of our eyes were fixed on the long haired man who was trying to pack his bags hurriedly, his eyes tarting up after every second.

He was pretty much dead.

Before I could make my move, Pietro had shot out from behind me, pushing the man so hard he flew couple of metres and collided into a tree. I growled under my breath, glaring at Pietro who simply ignored it,  smirking as he looked at the man on the ground. I stomped over, the man's eyes wide with terror.

Frustrated, I simply crouched down and snapped his neck, his pleas of mercy being cut off with loud crack.

“what the fu-

Pietros cursing was cut with loud blaring around the forest. Letting all agents know the game was over and it was time to go back to base. I turned on my heels and headed towards the opening of the gigantic fence. Every time an agent or guard had done something intentional to give out the location of base or valuable information, the games would begin. The agent was released in a big forest surrounded by fence while others were to chase him down and kill him. The losers were to deal with the dead body and fixing the problem, it was an example to never fail Hydra.

And I could not wait until it was Soldat who ran for his life, only to know there was nowhere to hide.

Pietro trailed behind me, babbling how it was sick of them to make a kid do something like that. And that there was no question anymore, he - or as he said we - needed to get out of there.

Yeah, if he wants to be next target, let him try.

***

“Are you sure you can find the information?”

“of course, Bruce. Do you doubt in my skills? Really? I'm offended Big Green. That's insulting, I should ban you from using the lab Banner. Banning Banner.”

Tony Stark snorted as his dark eyes ran over the computer screen. After they had gotten information from Bucky, Tony hadnt slept a wink, restlessly searching for any database.

Bucky wasn't as talkative, but he cared for someone's safety and that got him talking. Tony wasn't very okay with the assassin being in the tower, but like Fury always reminded him, it was the Avengers tower now.

And Bucky was Steve's guest.

Only thing that Tony liked about it all, was that he had gotta some cool footage of real life dragon who they were chasing down now.

Bucky had said it was a boy, which Tony didn't belive that much. But it was HYDRAs experiment, everything was possible. And Tony would not rest until he got his answers.

“These knuckleheads are trying to hide things from me? What do they think they are? What dumb agents if they think taking selfie infornt of a base where Hydra logo is, is smart. Hey Banner, look, that guys Instagram was deleted two days ago. And also, look, I got the location. Ha, take that Hydra, your IT-guys suck. No one can beat THE Tony Stark.” He smirked, leaning back in his chair. He grabbed his coffee, only to spit it back in the cup when he found it was cold.

“is this the boy Bucky was talking about? There's not much about him, but we should definitely ask Bucky if that's the kid he was talking about.” Bruce said thoughtfully, scrolling through Atlas Elison's file.

“You think we should alert the others?” the calmer of the two asked, staring at the picture of a young boy with empty eyes.

“oh really Bruce? I just found the location of hidden Hydra base where there couple possibly be a real dragon, and youre asking me should we alert the others? Come on man! I thought your IQ was-”

“ah be quiet Tony. FRIDAY? Call in the meeting, we're going to go on a mission.”

A/N

Bet you didn't see that coming.

Alright. It's chapter 22 and Atlas is still in Hydra, how could I have let it go on for so long? We should start changing things here a bit don't you think?

How'd you like this chapter? :)