CHAPTER NINETEEN: boys are haram.

Am going to reduce the whole writing thing, I wrote a lot of chapters in just a month and it takes time mehn, but don't worry I'll keep on updating for you guys sake after all everything is written in a book, meanwhile writing in a phone is stressful, am just waiting for a nice laptop so I can write with ease.

Chao

CHAPTER NINETEEN: boys are haram.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"your just going to ignore him for the rest of your life"

"yes" I rolled my eyes.

"haba" hafsat whined, "you guys rock it last week" I sigh, last week was something I didn't expect, and I didn't know what was controlling my body, but in the end of everything I was grounded for coming home late, asiya and hauwa tried to convince dad knowing am with badman but it didn't work. No phone no TV no nothing.

Except for now, am not grounded anymore.

"look at the video sef" rafik, stretch his phone to my face, it was the part where haidar slid his arm around my waist. I sigh.

"I can't talk to him, it's just so awkward....you know. Me, him, touching, I don't see him as asshole haidar anymore." hafsat looked at me with aww. Rafik places his hand on my shoulder.

"whatever your feeling right now is just affection, you like haidar" rafik said, say what. 'Like' is not even in my dictionary right now.

"No way, I don't like him we ain't friends so..... "

"anyhow you say it dear, just talk to him you can't just ignore him" I can ignore him, duh. The door bell rang, hafsat stood up to get the door. The sudden noise of small kids burst out. I watch as 3 little girls came to site in their school uniform and a lunch box in their hands. Both girls smile but the last one frown then another girl came in, this one looks more of 13, 14 she looked at rafik with shook not caring about my presence.

"who's he" she asked. Pointing at rafik. Hafsat rolled her eyes.

"guys" she mutter, "this are my siblings, bilkisu, aliya, Aisha, fatimah, I think Abdul and Muhammad are out side"

"girls this are my friends. Rafik and ramla" hafsat finished

"is she his girlfriend" bilkisu sneered, hafsat glared at her.
I don't think bilkisu likes me. Now I see, they all kinda look alike. Right then a boy who looks to be 15 or 16 came in banging the door behind him
He pass hafsat the baby, that was sleeping in his arms before going upstairs.

"this Muhammad" she brightly smiled, rafik lightly pinched the baby's check. He looks so cute. One of the little girls came downstairs. I think she's fatimah. She brought her hands to her waist, gazing at rafik.

"I'll tell mummy for you" I cough, trying hard not to laugh.

"what are you going to tell mummy about" hafsat asked. Aisha and aliya came down stairs going straight to the kitchen.

"You brought a boy to the house" fatima yelled asiya eyed her, a distinct Laugh came from bilkisu. She stomp downstairs looking at fatimah with amusement.

"boy dey, abeg fashi her. She's too holy holy." fatimah glared at her.

"boys are haram, they are noh good. One day like that you'll go round"

Chaii. How does she knows all of this.

Bilkisu burst into laughter, hafsat rolled her eyes. "then how do you know about going round" bilkisu pout.

"our teacher use to tell us that is........ "

"ok that's enough" hafsat grab Fatima's hand, dragging her to the kitchen were her other sister stood. Bilkisu smiled to rafik, rafik glance at me then bilkisu before standing up.

"am going, HAFSAT AM GOING" he yelled. Bilkisu wanted to say something but close her mouth, hafsat ran out.

"wait na" but it was to late, he'd already left. Sadness showed to her face. She sat down on the couch, I tap her back.

"don't worry his still alive" she chuckle.

"I hate siblings" she mumble. She got fond of rafik, am thinking of a way to bring them together, screams and cries came from the kitchen. Hafsat grown, placing a pillow on her face.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

I knock on the door, at least this time am early, hauwa opened the door, smiling

I walk in, the nice smell of baking something took my attention. Asiya opened the oven then closed it, she smile when she saw me

"what's the sudden thing of baking" I asked, hauwa gasp dramatically .

"You don't know today's dad birthday" inanilahi I forgot, am a very terrible daughter how can I forget my father's birthday.

"shame" asiya mutter, I rolled my eyes. "wallahi you know am so tired the only thing am thinking of is sleep" I said.

"eyya" hauwa exclaim, the door bolt open My dad and step mom came in, asiya gasp bringing out the another cake from the fridge,

"go and distract him" hauwa walked to the parlor, asiya smiled. Offing the kitchen lights, the whole lights in the house where off except for the candles.

The moment asiya came into the living room, my father's face was priceless. He laugh, we started singing and clapping, turns out his now 50 years old. I watch my family, The happiness and joy was priceless, this is home, this has always been home than Lagos. I just wish mum was here. 

I just wish.